Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: New to Canada: GM6 Lynx -50 cal Semi-auto bullpup

Quote Originally Posted by HazeMK View Post
    Whats the difference between being military, and owning one personally; and not being military and owning one personally? They're still both functioning for personal use...

I'm assuming this means that you can actually purchase one for personal use if you're a military member, unless I've misunderstood your comment.
    The United States will NOT export ANY .50 caliber firearm to Canada if the end user is a civilian/private purchase. Barrett, Bushmaster, Anzio...doesn't matter.

I do not know the logistics of our government purchasing firearms, but I suppose a purchase order from the DOD would be appropriate, but that is the government owning the firearm, not the military member using it.

Moot point. Our boys use PGW

Quote Originally Posted by Dohhunter View Post
    The United States will NOT export ANY .50 caliber firearm to Canada if the end user is a civilian/private purchase. Barrett, Bushmaster, Anzio...doesn't matter.

I do not know the logistics of our government purchasing firearms, but I suppose a purchase order from the DOD would be appropriate, but that is the government owning the firearm, not the military member using it.

Moot point. Our boys use PGW
    As they should! :D (I am not often patriotic, but when it comes to guns, its good we have our own precision rifles in the field )

Quote Originally Posted by critter928 View Post
    Modern urban battlefields are an excellent example of where the .50 in an AMR role is very fitting, and like you pointed out, ROE's would prohibit the use of JDAMs and 155 rounds. There is a reason why it has come into its' own in the past few years and has proliferated versus abandoning the idea like during WWII and throughout the Cold War when destroying whole grid squares was considered modern warfare. The concept is not dated, but rather reborn with its new role and need in a role that nothing else can meet (precision man portable immediate Anti-Material firepower). We are fighting battles that require surgical control not offered by big guns, and in places that you can't take or deploy other weapons systems. This is where the .50 has carved out a niche.
    not to mention I'm pretty sure, though can't source it offhand, that shooting a man with a .50 is considered inhumane. I know its a big bang and a quick death, so some retard didn't know what they were talking about... but I'm pretty sure you're not 'supposed' to do it (like you're not 'supposed' to do a million other things in the army).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar
    Whats the difference between being military, and owning one personally; and not being military and owning one personally? They're still both functioning for personal use...

I'm assuming this means that you can actually purchase one for personal use if you're a military member, unless I've misunderstood your comment.
    You misunderstand, and I should have used different words. I did not mean you had to be in the military, I meant they will not allow the rifle to be sold to anyone but Military and LE agencies, such the Canadian Forces or the RCMP. Not individuals.
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1 View Post
    Importable yes, but its not the Canadian end where the problem lies. Its the US side. No 50 BMG firearm regardless of action can be exported to non military or LE personnel.
    Does that mean a Canadian Forces member import a 50 BMG from the US for personal use?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silverback's Avatar
    Does that mean a Canadian Forces member import a 50 BMG from the US for personal use?
    No, personal use is civilian ownership, government ownership is OK so you have to be issued one by the military and I know they won't let you keep one.
    CSSA Member

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    not to mention I'm pretty sure, though can't source it offhand, that shooting a man with a .50 is considered inhumane. I know its a big bang and a quick death, so some retard didn't know what they were talking about... but I'm pretty sure you're not 'supposed' to do it (like you're not 'supposed' to do a million other things in the army).
    ...maybe inhumane to the d@uchebag sitting next to his partially vapourized, split-in-two, soon to be decomposing, fatwa-put-on-hold, carcass/buddy as he'll be the one who saw it, he will have to visualize it for the rest of his hopefully short existence, and he will have to explain to all the other terrorists why they are going to have to dig down into the dwindling pile of resumes of those who are more than willing to strap a bomb to their chests (most likely in a pathetic and desperate attempt to get to their mystical virgins, as there are less and less left down here all the time with all of the consistent wacking of the poor women over there at birth for not being born a boy... or goat; or having acid thrown in their innocent faces for shaming the family name by being dishohourably 'raped').

For Mr. Fatwa... he just has to sit back and deal his very recent split personallity disorder for as long as it takes to partially vaporize:D. Quick, definative and definately more humane than bleeding out from a gut wound or suffering from gangrene because they keep blowing up the hospitals full of their own people.

The more .50's for the good guys to the better I'd say... but that's only one persons opinion.
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Seems to good to be true, for in Canada, a semi auto .50bmg.

Quote Originally Posted by j. wales View Post

EDIT: Check out the MICOR .50 semi bullpup. 5 lbs lighter, 10 rds vs. 5, and gas operated/fixed barrel. Supposedly much more accurate. $6,800 US.

http://www.defensereview.com/micor-d...-range-lethal/

If the Lynx is importable so should this be. I'll be at SHOT next month and will try and remember to look for this and report anything I learn if they have a booth there.
    You already know about the US export restriction. This gun cannot be imported as is because of the 10 round magazine. Easily fixed by pinning tens, manufacturing fives .......... or using .50 BMG pistol magazines.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

^^^

Yep! It's unfortunate, like so many other cool .50 BMG's made in the US.......................US Made .50 BMG's = NO EXPORT!

Like so many other import/export rules, this is something I just can't comprehend!
    We can buy the likes of a .338LM or .416 Barrett, but OHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........no .50's as they're "dangerous/deadly"!

Luckily we have companies building some very sweet .50's in Canada, and some other companies importing .50's made other than NA.

One day soon, before I take that long "dirt nap", I plan to own and shoot a .50BMG.

Maybe Santa will fix me up!!!!