Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Canada: GM6 Lynx -50 cal Semi-auto bullpup

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohhunter View Post
    I'm aware you state non-restricted confirmed, but it does have an FRT/been reviewed by lab?
    FRT number has been issued.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    Well I may as well say it all.

Tactical Imports...your profile on CGN is only a few months old meaning you are new here......what warranty do you provide for this rifle? Extra mags,ect?

You have NO TRADER RATING, Meaning to us, you have sold NOTHING and your word is worth as much in current standing, not to slander you but this is business.

Your website says max $5000 shipping insurance with Canada Post, rifle cost pretty much 3 times that. How are you covering the other $10,000?

I'd love to purchase this rifle.....but for that price and fact you have NO reputation here.....do the math.

I'll let you get back to us on that one.
    Everybody has to start somewhere. Give it time; I'm sure the reviews will start rolling in.

Some of our products are already showing up on the shelves of Ellwood Epps and Lanz Shooting Supplies.

We could ship the rifles in 3 pieces :D
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
    Interesting rifle, but come on:

"•unique barrel recoil technology dissipates most recoil energy" ???

You mean that unique system invented by John Browning over 100 years ago? Interesting it is, but "Unique"? Very unlikely.
    I spoke with the owner of Sero; he takes his wife shooting the GM6 Lynx

He tells me they'll go through 700 rounds of testing in a day and still not feel fatigued.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN frequent flyer
    I want one... Only need to save a further 10000$... I'm thinking bank loan! I was looking for a mag fed Steyr but the Lynx appears to be more than twice the gun so the price seems more than fair! How much time does it take between order and the actual delivery of the rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    How much time does it take between order and the actual delivery of the rifle?
    50% deposit will hold your spot until the rifles are ready to ship and the order if filled. Once we have to pay the manufacturer the remaining amount we'll invoice you the remaining amount.
    Last edited by Tactical Imports; 09-15-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_servo View Post
    i wonder how much more recoil it would have with the muzzle brake removed .
    and i wonder how much less sound would envelope the shooter with the brake gone ...... meaning could a guy actually go hunting with this and pop off a few rounds without hearing protection .... and without permanant hearing loss ?
    This is only an educated guess but, after looking at the videos and seeing how far the barrel recoils, I think that removing the muzzle brake would cause severe damage to the gun.

As for shooting this or any other .50 BMG without hearing protection -- DON'T.

(BTW, what would you hunt? )
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    This is only an educated guess but, after looking at the videos and seeing how far the barrel recoils, I think that removing the muzzle brake would cause severe damage to the gun.

Black bear defense. Can never be too cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by .45Barracuda View Post
    We are doing the math, you are not going to buy, so why should he bother answering any of your questions?

Welcome to CGN Tactical Import, nice products!!!
    Haters hahaha whatever kid, I got the money to buy these kind of toys so I got questions I need answered.

Expected barrel life, parts replacement cost, extra magazines and any other factory optional equipment. All are major factors in a purchase of this price.

I don't want one little thing to break and just have a $15,000 paperweight down the road.

Back to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    Grove makes some valid points, so I checked General Firearm Discusion under Tactical Imports and one person claimed to make a purchase from Tactical Imports. Doesn't mean there aren't many satisfied customers, but my 15 grand ain't going anywhere soon.
    Thank you at least one other person can see eye to eye with me.

When you are new.....you got nothing. No reputation at all unless you worked for some other shop and they can vouch for you.

You buy anything outside the norm of what everyone else has, you have a relationship that grows.

Foundations are everything ,if this one's is solid... #### may have a damn nice early X-mas present.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post

i was knind of thinking the same thing about the recoiling barrel .......i wonder if going to a lighter weight bullet , and maybe smaller powder charge might compensate for the lack of muzzle brake ?......

"what would i hunt " .........

anything big that wanted to eat me ......... :D :D :D

i know of a few people that scoff at the idea of using a 6.5x55 for hunting moose ...... i could tell them i upgraded and pull this out :D

this rifle is cool as hell .......

Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    Haters hahaha whatever kid, I got the money to buy these kind of toys so I got questions I need answered.

Expected barrel life, parts replacement cost, extra magazines and any other factory optional equipment. All are major factors in a purchase of this price.
    We have asked the manufacturer about barrel life, barrel replacement cost and cost for spare mags. We will get back to you on this.

Every GM6 Lynx comes standard with a spare parts kit and extra mag.

Different finishes are available.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca