Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324

Thread: New to Canada: GM6 Lynx -50 cal Semi-auto bullpup

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Dollar is back down, $1000 price drop. One in stock!!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

You know, this is really a great design, but my 1 hangup is the 5 rd mag, which is a curious design choice for such a relatively handy 50 BMG. It's baffling as to why a 10rd staggered mag compatibility/capability wasn't incorporated in the design instead (Full disclosure: I'm a yankee interloper). Any insights concerning this aspect, TI?

Would be interesting to learn about the genesis of the GM6 & the design decisions behind its development.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelSpin View Post
    You know, this is really a great design, but my 1 hangup is the 5 rd mag, which is a curious design choice for such a relatively handy 50 BMG. It's baffling as to why a 10rd staggered mag compatibility/capability wasn't incorporated in the design instead (Full disclosure: I'm a yankee interloper). Any insights concerning this aspect, TI?

Would be interesting to learn about the genesis of the GM6 & the design decisions behind its development.
    As this is Canada all rifle magazines are limited to 5 round mags.

Unless it just so happens that a pistol mag fits / works in said rifle, then its legal to have 10 rounds - I dont imagine there was ever a 50 cal BMG pistol.

At any rate with the cost of 50 BMG ammo 5 rounds at the time is probably a good idea.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelSpin View Post

Probably because double stack .50 BMG magazines are absolutely massive and would significantly widen the profile (and increase the weight) of the rifle behind the grip. The Barrett is the only .50 BMG rifle off the top of my head that uses a double stack mag.
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    As this is Canada all rifle magazines for semi auto rifles are limited to 5 round mags.
    Fixed it for ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Law View Post
    The Barrett is the only .50 BMG rifle off the top of my head that uses a double stack mag.
    The Bushmaster BA-50 has a double stack 10 round mag, but it's a bolt...

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    As this is Canada all rifle magazines are limited to 5 round mags.

Unless it just so happens that a pistol mag fits / works in said rifle, then its legal to have 10 rounds - I dont imagine there was ever a 50 cal BMG pistol.

At any rate with the cost of 50 BMG ammo 5 rounds at the time is probably a good idea.
    10 rds is okay down here in the US for us yanks. Also note that magazines can be designed with floor plate limiters to reduce capacity.

That said, this being a rifle with a .mil pedigree (as it were), it just seems odd that the feed capacity was limited to 5 rds by default.