Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Surplus Irish Body Armour?

Im sure this was already posted but, where can one find the condor rig? and about how much do they go for?

This is a picture for the person who mentioned something about zombies not having guns. Clearly if its in a movie its true...jeeze

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    I'll measure tonight. The plates I mean, everything else doesn't need measuring, it's clearly adequate, more than adequate in fact. Not that I look at others to compare, in fact I look away. Not in a way that would be deemed insecure, in a slow, casual "I'm not interested, I have one of those" kinda way. Not lingering slow though, sort of a glance at my watch kinda speed. I don't even look down at the urinal, I stare straight ahead- I may even peeing on the floor, I can't be sure. Not that I think there's anything wrong with people who do look down, just as long as I'm not directly beside them. There should ideally be a one stall gap. Not that I'm afraid of them looking, as I said, everything is good there (if your into that sorta thing), in fact, I'm not afraid to show anyone, I may just wave it at someone on my drive home from work. At a stop light - safety first.
    Measurement done. The plates that is. Front: 11" wide, 12" height Rear:10" wide, 12" height. That's on a large.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Measurement done. The plates that is. Front: 11" wide, 12" height Rear:10" wide, 12" height. That's on a large.
    A) Your last post was full of win. :D

B) I love you. Is it weird between us now? Not that I care if it is, I'm just asking so it looks like I do. :D :D :D

Thanks for the measurements. Looks like, within margins of error, the size of the L and XL plates are the same.

-M

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M View Post
    A) Your last post was full of win. :D

B) I love you. Is it weird between us now? Not that I care if it is, I'm just asking so it looks like I do. :D :D :D

Thanks for the measurements. Looks like, within margins of error, the size of the L and XL plates are the same.

-M
    It's never weird. Truth is, the world is a warped place, if I make myself a little warped, the world seems straighter in my mind.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Quote Originally Posted by byastremski1987 View Post
    Im sure this was already posted but, where can one find the condor rig? and about how much do they go for?

This is a picture for the person who mentioned something about zombies not having guns. Clearly if its in a movie its true...jeeze

I got my Condor vest from heroarmysurplus.com. Although I haven't yet received it.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCZ View Post
    I got my Condor vest from heroarmysurplus.com. Although I haven't yet received it.
    Wicked. let me know how it works out. If you have a camera take some pics of how everything fits into place with the plates

I did two tests of this vest over the weekend. (I bought two, one to test, one for keepsies!)
    First of all, GREAT service from FF, seriously: I ordered it late on a Monday, they shipped it Tuesday and it got here Wednesday.
    So, I also bought another handgun and a few other things from them.

I'll be posting a full test later, suffice it to say, if they had more in my size, I would order two more! Yes, they're that good!

Here is a shot of the vest before, during and after.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danaln47 View Post
    I did two tests of this vest over the weekend.
    Yes, I will have your children. However, Royal Ulster Constabulary is not the Irish Army, although they all would enjoy the geg.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

D'OH!
    Thanks Juster, fixed that now, reposted pic.
    (But why are you having my children? I need them to create my own private army! )

Thank you for the test and pics. As the vests are Level 4 I would be interested to see how they did against rifle rounds, 5.56, 7.62 and .308 in particular.

[QUOTE=danaln47;6195270]I did two tests of this vest over the weekend. (I bought two, one to test, one for keepsies!)
    First of all, GREAT service from FF, seriously: I ordered it late on a Monday, they shipped it Tuesday and it got here Wednesday.
    So, I also bought another handgun and a few other things from them.

I'll be posting a full test later, suffice it to say, if they had more in my size, I would order two more! Yes, they're that good!