Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Surplus Irish Body Armour?

wondered that aswell, maybe just get the smallest vest with smallest plates and swap carriers....

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◣_◢)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

Ok, thanks guys. I'm still kind of unsure though. According to Harbl bigger would not fit. Yet earlier in this thread someone mentionned that they slipped the plates into a condor vest which is advertised as having 10x13 plate pouch. The UTG is 17x13 at front and 16x10 in the back. Confusing. I'm tall but skinny (6'5" - 195lbs) so I probably don't want the very smallest plates. The Zombie Apocalypse is quickly approaching so I've got to make up my mind soon. LOL!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCZ View Post
    Ok, thanks guys. I'm still kind of unsure though. According to Harbl bigger would not fit. Yet earlier in this thread someone mentionned that they slipped the plates into a condor vest which is advertised as having 10x13 plate pouch. The UTG is 17x13 at front and 16x10 in the back. Confusing. I'm tall but skinny (6'5" - 195lbs) so I probably don't want the very smallest plates. The Zombie Apocalypse is quickly approaching so I've got to make up my mind soon. LOL!!!!!!
    gun wielding zombies? D=

Wouldn't mind picking one up myself. What is the approximate shipping cost for one of these vests?

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    Mine was just 2-3 days. Frontier has been suprisingly efficient in regards to shipping... with me so far anyway.
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post
    Mine was just 2-3 days. Frontier has been suprisingly efficient in regards to shipping... with me so far anyway.
    Good to hear ....but what did shipping cost?

CGN Regular
    Frontier usually has Free shipping for most of their stuff......check with website or just call in...they prob will do it for you anyway~!!!!!

Most stuff on FrontierFirearms does have free shipping but not the vests. However shipping is only $15.

And UNAGI don't be silly, I'm talking about all the crossfire. duh.

Not to be a thread necro, but could someone who has a vest put a tape measure on the height and width of their front and back plates please? You'll have my everlasting gratitude!

Also, since I'm thinking about slipping the plates into an HSGI Wasatch, and want to get the biggest plate that will fit comfortably for me, did we ever get a conclusive answer on plate size variation from vest size to vest size?

Briefly, I'm just wondering if the plates found in an XL vest are the same size as a cheaper Medium. I've got no real interest in the vest fabric - but I'd like the plates.

Thanks in advance!
    -M

Xtra large has two 10"wide x 12" high plates.
    If that helps.