Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Gospel Explained

Quote Originally Posted by nza View Post
    I don't know about how you guys view us christians these days, but for me, I equate christ believerrs with a great work ethic, with a strong moral compass. I've never been screwed in business transactions with any. (the christian community, is actually quite quite small, somebody screws up, news travels super fast. especially bad news.)
    I'm not saying that non-believers don't have these work ethics and moral compasses, however I'd be more inclined to trust those within the same religious organization based on our shared faith and value system
    Speaking from experience, one has to be careful too (just like any other crowd I suppose).

Sometimes people take advantage of other people in an environment where they would be inclined to trust others based on their mutual affiliations alone, especially when those affiliations are those that espouse ethical behavior and goodwill.

My family has been in at least a couple interesting situations that started by an offer to help by someone through the church, or businesses recommended through the members of the church. It is unfortunate that there are people out there seeking to prey on the trusting, but that's just how it is.
    Last edited by GeoTrekr; 07-11-2011 at 12:52 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    As the late Dave Allen (at large) would say
    "Good night Good night and may YOUR God go with you"
    :D
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    As the late Dave Allen (at large) would say
    "Good night Good night and may YOUR God go with you"
    :D
    One of my favourite comedians as a kid. A great statement for an Irish man given the times.
    Former Ford Fan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar

Thumbs up yup

Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    I received the Good News recently after living in darkness and refusing the truth for several years.

It's ironic that all the people bashing religion are very true, but don't understand the Gospel was never meant to be a religion - it is the truth that the only way to salvation is the free gift from God, embodied in the sacrifice of His son as atonement for our transgressions against Him.

As a free gift, we have the choice to either refuse it or accept it, just as a child who recieves a gift from thier parents can. Being the model of the perfect parent, the gifts God gives us are the best gifts imaginable, even when they don't seem to suit our lives or aren't what we ask for.

Sadly, so many people will refuse the gifts of God - even refuse Him. As an unbeliever turned believer, I can testify how that choice is the wrong one, as God has never forsaken me, even though I have forsaken Him. Those who have forsaken him have willingly chosen thier fate - the day will come when they realize the true horrors that choice entails. I count myself blessed that that day came before it was too late, and in my time of darkness, God was faithful to me, extending the free gift of grace I don't deserve and can't possibly earn.

The Gospel is not a religion - it is the good news that, in your life, in your perspective, you have a choice to live a life of meaning, purpose and freedom, or live a deluded, cowardly slave to the narrow confines and finite boundries of this world.

Thanks Frontier for having the courage to share the Gospel. I was humming and hawing about buying something, but this seals the deal for me
    Pretty much have to agree to all this. Good post
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
    While our beliefs may be different, that was a funny comment! Which I'm sure it was meant to be.
    Not an atheist, but I am spiritual, though not religious.
    The difference between a religious person and a spiritual one?
    A religious person is afraid of going to Hell.
    A spiritual person has been there, and doesn't want to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by savagefan View Post
    I am not atheist and I respect everyone's right to worship the deity of their own choice. I will worship the one true god when someone can provide peer-reviewed incontrovertible proof which one it is. Until then, I'll steer my own course and enjoy it.
    I may be mistaken, but that kinda sounds like the definition of atheism.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Magnet View Post
    I may be mistaken, but that kinda sounds like the definition of atheism.
    Atheism is the belief there is no god at all and the rejection of all religion. He said he will believe in one if you can show him one.

Personally, I'm non-religious. I am NOT an Atheist. I think those guys are all just a crazy as all the church going bible bangers. I believe in live and let live. Do what ever you want, I don't care. Just don't adversely affect my life with what ever it is you do.

As for the original point of this thread, Frontier can put what ever the hell they want on their website. It is their website.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

I wonder how open minded people would be if it said the jihad explained

BANNED
    I just believe in being a good person. One thing I never got is...what about everyday people who die for others? Why not warship them too then? I also dislike how if your are _____ (insert relgion(s) here you can kill, rape, steal and so on and as long as you say sorry for it your all good? Wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by Until the Angels Fall View Post
    I just believe in being a good person. One thing I never got is...what about everyday people who die for others? Why not warship them too then? I also dislike how if your are _____ (insert relgion(s) here you can kill, rape, steal and so on and as long as you say sorry for it your all good? Wtf...
    thats not the point. having a Savior does not justify our sinful nature and acts of sin. you see, part of the Gospel is repentance. if you just say sorry, thats not repentance. you also have to admit you are a sinner, that you have done wrong, that you cannot go without Jesus, our Savior. therefore, having that in mind, if you have Jesus imbedded into your heart, and mind, your actions will prove your faith and you will not go do the things you listed. yep, i agree yet an ashamed to say, many say they are Christians, but live as one. but thats where we can discern if they have truely repented.