Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Gospel Explained

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    #1 BCSHOOTER;
    "Hey if it wasn't for religion there would be a lot less firearms & wars in the world "

We seldom agree, but speaking as one who has "visited"any war zones over the years, all I can say is your SO RIGHT.

For those who do not agree I would greatly apprecaite your explanations on the recent wars in the Balkans....

John
    I've heard it said that there is enough religion in the world to make people hate each other, but not enough religion to make them love each other.

Right now I see this is especially true with the sectarian violence in places like Iraq etc., where the same kind/type of religious authorities Jesus warned us about (the Pharisees) play power politics with people's lives, using them for their own purposes, and using religion to oppress people and keep them in line.

Countries with Christian roots have had times when the above has occurred as well (because power-mongers use similar tactics no matter where they're from and who they are) but by and large countries with christian roots are/have been better off socially and politically than countries with other roots.

As far as Frontier is concerned, good on ya' for showing us who you are and what you stand for. I'll think of you for my next purchase just because.

Now, lets talk about something a tad less divisive, like politics!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    We cannot sell salvation, salvation is a free gift.
    Matthew 10:32 KJV

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven."

If some people don't want to buy things from you because of a single link on your website that is an expression of your faith don't let it bother you. Some things are more important.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
    Speaking from experience, one has to be careful too (just like any other crowd I suppose).

Sometimes people take advantage of other people in an environment where they would be inclined to trust others based on their mutual affiliations alone, especially when those affiliations are those that espouse ethical behavior and goodwill.

My family has been in at least a couple interesting situations that started by an offer to help by someone through the church, or businesses recommended through the members of the church. It is unfortunate that there are people out there seeking to prey on the trusting, but that's just how it is.
    It's really sad when that happens.

Matthew 7:21-23, KJV

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Quote Originally Posted by PileBuck View Post
    I wonder how open minded people would be if it said the jihad explained
    You're not seriously comparing Jihad and Gospel?

A lot of you people need a proper education. The ignorance contained here is amazing.

If you choose not to support someone solely because of their religion then you're the worst kind of Bigot.

..yet I suppose you're the same people that would demand that we all defend your position, whichever it may be (gun ownership perhaps?). The rest just don't have the fortitude to put themselves in the public eye and stand for ANYTHING, let alone something they truly believe in.

Frontier.. I have never purchased from you but will consider your company in the future.
    Covert ceramic knives for sale in Exchange of Blades Forum.
    2PPCLI - '95-'05

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountain View Post
    If some people don't want to buy things from you because of a single link on your website that is an expression of your faith don't let it bother you. Some things are more important.

I'm not religious, nor do I dislike those who are. What frustrates me is those who try to 'push' their religion on me when I've asked them to stop.

As so far as a single link on 'his' website? I just won't click it.

You will still have my business sir. Regardless of your religious belief. I cannot see a single link to your faith on your own website as anything near 'pushing' when I am allowed the choice to click, or not to click.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit86 View Post
    can I shoot into space?
    Never Forget

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufferto View Post
    I was browsing main page on Frontier Firearms web site and at the very bottom I found a link called "The Gospel Explained."

I figured it was a joke or some kind gun advert.

I guess it wasn't.

Did you guys get hacked or are you now selling salvation too?
    Guns, god and freedom!
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

I have ordered from frontier before and the are professional and have good competative pricing. Why would that change because there is a link on their website? They are hardly forcing it on anyone, It's your choice to click that link or not. I have made comments to my coworkers that know I'm a christian saying that if they have questions I would try to answer them and that is were I stop. Same Idea here.

Quote Originally Posted by Armedsask View Post
    Atheism is the belief there is no god at all and the rejection of all religion. He said he will believe in one if you can show him one.

Personally, I'm non-religious. I am NOT an Atheist. I think those guys are all just a crazy as all the church going bible bangers. I believe in live and let live. Do what ever you want, I don't care. Just don't adversely affect my life with what ever it is you do.

As for the original point of this thread, Frontier can put what ever the hell they want on their website. It is their website.
    The ones that just don't believe I can get along with (I'm one) but the ones that turn it into a religion and go around harassing people and generally being arseholes...I have no time for them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Religious fanatics are the ones that scare me. They seem to be able to justify any of their actions, with the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    I received the Good News recently after living in darkness and refusing the truth for several years.

It's ironic that all the people bashing religion are very true, but don't understand the Gospel was never meant to be a religion - it is the truth that the only way to salvation is the free gift from God, embodied in the sacrifice of His son as atonement for our transgressions against Him.

As a free gift, we have the choice to either refuse it or accept it, just as a child who recieves a gift from thier parents can. Being the model of the perfect parent, the gifts God gives us are the best gifts imaginable, even when they don't seem to suit our lives or aren't what we ask for.

Sadly, so many people will refuse the gifts of God - even refuse Him. As an unbeliever turned believer, I can testify how that choice is the wrong one, as God has never forsaken me, even though I have forsaken Him. Those who have forsaken him have willingly chosen thier fate - the day will come when they realize the true horrors that choice entails. I count myself blessed that that day came before it was too late, and in my time of darkness, God was faithful to me, extending the free gift of grace I don't deserve and can't possibly earn.

The Gospel is not a religion - it is the good news that, in your life, in your perspective, you have a choice to live a life of meaning, purpose and freedom, or live a deluded, cowardly slave to the narrow confines and finite boundries of this world.

Thanks Frontier for having the courage to share the Gospel. I was humming and hawing about buying something, but this seals the deal for me
    Just my opinion...

A free gift? Blindly follow (like a sheep) God or spend an eternity in a Lake of fire, tormented endlessly. Putting God first and myself last.
    A fictional book of contradictions, Hate, Murder and nonsense as my guide? Wow thanks, what a choice - but I'll pass.

My life is complete, I am successful, happy and 100% void of any belief system. I was actually miserable and confused
    when I used to attend Church and subscribe to the Christian Doctrine. I am also fine with not having all the answers.
    I cannot think of anything more restrictive than living my life under any Religion or whatever you choose to call it.

But hey, seems to be working for you and I am glad you are happy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer agilent_one's Avatar
    At the end of the day, who cares? In this day and age I applaud anybody who will stand by traditional beliefs and convictions even though I may not share them entirely.

Good on you FF.