Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gospel Explained

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Again, an excuse for the powerful to control more land. Religion was not the reason. And those hundreds of thousands (if it was actually that high) pale in comparison to the millions upon millions killed by non-religious governments.
    An excuse, facade or whatever you want to call it. If there were No Religion there would have been no Crusades.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Sundays are slow days, some need something to bich about.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    I hope this isn't going to go on every Sunday.
    Praise the Lord!
    Yes, you think more of us that are defending frontier would be in church.....

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Again, an excuse for the powerful to control more land. Religion was not the reason. And those hundreds of thousands (if it was actually that high) pale in comparison to the millions upon millions killed by non-religious governments.
    Absolutely, Maoism, and communism have killed far more than the nuts saying it was in the name of God.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    An excuse, facade or whatever you want to call it. If there were No Religion there would have been no Crusades.
    That is like saying if franz ferdinand had never been shot there would have been no WW1. There will always be wars and battles fought for different excuses but the reasons are always the same. The powerful want to become more powerful.

Do you actually believe what you are saying?

It boggles my mind when people make the claim there would be less wars and fighting with no religion. They would just use a different excuse.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    if there were no guns, there would have been no columbine, either...

blame where blame is due; squarely on the shoulders of the individual, nowhere else. Evil men will always find a pretense for their evil

Quote Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
    Killed in the name of catholicism. Killed in the name of men. Mistaken thought. Let me ask you, just because someone screams "I love Jesus" before he kills 20 people, should then Christianity be judged? No, the people who go lunatic should be blamed.
    Mistaken thought, BS. Do you or do you not follow what is written in the Bible? If so, here is a little quote for you.

Regarding the Crusades...

Quotes from your Bible: (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the Priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death."

When you have orders like this in the Bible, how do you not go out and commit these atrocities? Your Priest, Bishop or Pope commands it,
    then it is a direct order from God, disobey and be put to death.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    I was always taught that religion and business were seperate affairs. As were religion and politics, as were business and politics. Whenever they cross there seems to be trouble.

I don't know about how you guys view us christians these days, but for me, I equate christ believerrs with a great work ethic, with a strong moral compass. I've never been screwed in business transactions with any. (the christian community, is actually quite quite small, somebody screws up, news travels super fast. especially bad news.)
    I'm not saying that non-believers don't have these work ethics and moral compasses, however I'd be more inclined to trust those within the same religious organization based on our shared faith and value system
    Disclosure: I work for Veritac Global

This thread is getting very very close to IBTL for religious bashing...please keep it clean. and FF, good on you. There would never be this type of bashing if you had say a GALT flag on your site.
    Disclosure: I work for Veritac Global