Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Gospel Explained

Smart.
    CSSA Member
    NFA Member

It's interesting that SOME of the same group of people (gun owners) who don't want to be compared to lunatic murderers who use guns are willing to persecute Christians (me, Frontier etc.) because of the actions of a few. (door knockers, televangelists etc)
    Bigotry is a funny thing, it's always someone else who's intolerant.
    In my favorite dream I'm on the old Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Rosie O'Donnell is also on spouting some dumb s**t. So I swing a large Northern Pike like a bat and smack her right in the fat yap. Debbie Travis and Sarah Palin coo seductively. Johnny and Ed high five me. The audience gives me a rousing standing ovation. Later we pick up Dean and Jerry and head over to Hef's.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    #1 BCSHOOTER;
    "Hey if it wasn't for religion there would be a lot less firearms & wars in the world "

We seldom agree, but speaking as one who has "visited"any war zones over the years, all I can say is your SO RIGHT.

For those who do not agree I would greatly apprecaite your explanations on the recent wars in the Balkans....

John
    LOL, How about, if it wasn't for humanity, there'd be alot less wars, and trouble in general.

Religion is simply a basic facet of humanity, whether it be judeo-christian, islamic, or humanist. THere are alot of posters here that are argueing or engaged in a intellectual conflict simply because of a link on somebody's web site, no??
    There is life after online gaming, there is just less.......XD!!!

Manufacturer-Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    Ha! Ever heard of the Crusades? (Religiously Sanctioned Military Campaigns) I believe there were nine of them.
    100's of thousands of Men, Women and Children killed in the name of Christian Religion.
    two points;

1) In the future pick up a book before running your yap.....

2) The crusades started in 1097, with half of europe under the control of muslims/moors/ottomans. Their original purpose was to free europe, that battle went on well into the 1400's.

+1 for frontier.
    EESA Member

Manufacturer-Business Member
    An excuse, facade or whatever you want to call it. If there were No Religion there would have been no Crusades.
    This comment is an indictment of our current education system. If there were no crusades, you would be whining to us about something else in arabic or farsi.

Quote Originally Posted by f55 View Post
    Does it say "you must read the gospel" if not then who the hell cares, some people will use any excuse to s**t stir.

Bought from FF and will do again, gospel or not.
    ^--This. I don't care what the owners believe, they didn't bother me about it or include literature in my order. I'll order again because of that. I can respect a guy who has his beliefs but doesn't push it on me.

I am not religious at all. Don't believe in God, the heavens above, etc..

BUT ...

I do respect the views of any who do.

So long as I am paying a fair market value for the product I want, I don't care who I buy from.

About the only consideration I make when purchasing any item, if prices are negligably the same, is if it is a small(ish) family run business, or a "big box store" ... if such is the case, I will always purchase from the smaller guy.
    Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it.

Winter is coming.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    Ha! Ever heard of the Crusades? (Religiously Sanctioned Military Campaigns) I believe there were nine of them.
    100's of thousands of Men, Women and Children killed in the name of Christian Religion.
    An excuse, facade or whatever you want to call it. If there were No Religion there would have been no Crusades.
    Mistaken thought, BS. Do you or do you not follow what is written in the Bible? If so, here is a little quote for you.

Regarding the Crusades...

Quotes from your Bible: (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the Priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death."

When you have orders like this in the Bible, how do you not go out and commit these atrocities? Your Priest, Bishop or Pope commands it,
    then it is a direct order from God, disobey and be put to death.
    Ok, so do you normally read only portions of a book, and then quote and dictate on it and the history following it as if you have great knowledge of it?
    There are lots of things in the Bible, and it isn't just a rule book to look something up in when you need an answer to your life's problems.
    Here is the some of the last words recorded by the Living God on Earth (Jesus Christ):

John 18:36-37

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom [a]is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.” 37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

This gives finality to the fact that we (Christians only interested in the truth of the Gospel) do not physically do battle in the interest of propigating the Gospel, as it is a battle not of this realm, and that war is not with other people.
    Therefore anyone that claims to be fighting a war on this earth in the name of God, for the purpose of furthering the interest of Christ, is only serving his own agenda. Same as any war monger, they are using something out of context to justify their actions and rally people to a false standard.

The portion of Deuteronomy that you quoted was also grossly out of context in regards to the crusades. That passage is specifically regarding the process of judgement against a person who commits homocide, and being disobedient in acting out the judgement made by the acting rulers of Isreal in regards to homocide at that time. That portion of Scripture was never historically used as justification for the Crusades.
    Basically that passage is saying, you need more than one eye witness to give someone the death sentence, the sentence needs to be passed down by the (an) acting Judge of Isreal and Levitivical Priest in a place ordained by God after having the evidence presented to them, and if the accusers disregard the sentence or judgement then accuser is subject to the death penalty.
    You should also read about what God did to people He placed in authority that disobeyed Him or abused their authority. It would keep me honest.
    It all sounds good to me.

You can make yourself look incredibly foolish trying to accuse someone with evidence created by a 5 second google search.

Good for Frontier, and anyone that is willing to boycott them for their proclaimation of faith, well Praise God we have a free country
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

blah blah blabbity blah... this thread's gone on way too long
    “How shall the new environment be programmed?
    It all happened so slowly that most men failed to realize that anything had happened at all.”