Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Gospel Explained

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Why do people say''they got lucky'' or''thank their lucky stars'' when they avoided some bad thing-but blame God when some misfortion strikes?

Quote Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms View Post
    This comment is an indictment of our current education system. If there were no crusades, you would be whining to us about something else in arabic or farsi.
    Nope, just Religion.

Quote Originally Posted by rem338win View Post

Good for Frontier, and anyone that is willing to boycott them for their proclaimation of faith, well Praise God we have a free country
    For the record, I never said anything about a boycott to Frontier on my part.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    Nope, just Religion.
    I see. It's much easier to grab a bucket and brush, or hop on the wagon, instead of actually having an informed opinion.
    It's apparent that this is a fingers in the ear discussion. I do take issue with someone claiming that Christ is at fault for something like the Crusades, when everything he said was exactly opposite and contrary to such action. Christ wasnt soft and snuggly, and could be quite offensive and even physically violent when righteously required. His character and teaching never justified or encouraged conversion by violence, quite the contrary actually.
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    For the record, I never said anything about a boycott to Frontier on my part.
    I didn't intend to imply that. Thank you for pointing that out.

I was saying that to shame the persons stating they would boycott for proclaimation of faith when that proclaimation is a result of the same freedom hard fought for by those before us. They want what they want to be "free", but would restrict those that they don't agree with. For those that are doing that I have two shaming words:

You Liberals.
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

Quote Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
    I didn't intend to imply that. Thank you for pointing that out.

I was saying that to shame the persons stating they would boycott for proclaimation of faith when that proclaimation is a result of the same freedom hard fought for by those before us. They want what they want to be "free", but would restrict those that they don't agree with. For those that are doing that I have two shaming words:

You Liberals.
    This we both agree upon.

Thanks for your witness Marlin and the refreshing conversation when I come into your store. You're a stand up guy and I hope Gob blesses you and your business.
    In God we trust - Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

BANNED
    I could care less what FF chooses to believe, it wouldn't effect my decision to do business with them either way.

BUT,
    Combining business and your religion is just plain dumb. This thread is proof of that. It's business OK, make your money and be done with it. Leave your beliefs out of it.

WHY?
    Because you're not going to please everyone with your beliefs, and as such you may lose out on business because of it. I dunno, that's just how the world works.

SO,
    If your main objective with your business is to make money then why would you promote something so taboo such as religion inside your business?

It's a s**tty business decision if I ever saw one. IMO the fact that link is even there seems like you're trying to force your beliefs on your customers. If you're not, then why would you risk putting it there knowing that it could effect business?

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    I see my 9 word response has ruffled a few feathers as well as started an interesting conversation. It is positive to see that it has remained largely civil with limited name calling, which is appreciated. In answer to the question does religion cause wars the answer is clearly no. Wars are started by leaders who manipulate the masses into supporting the war. At the time of the crusades there was very little religion freedom (you could not even own a bible). The church was able to deceive the masses that it was a holly war. If there were no religions at the time and just football (soccer) the crusade would have been fought over the World Cup.

For those who will not buy from us because you are appalled that we would have beliefs that we will share to those that CHOOSE to click on a link, that is just to bad. Perhaps you need to be reminded that we did not get a left wing Jack/Iggy coalition government on May 2nd, that would be more then happy to take our freedoms along with our guns. I'm sure there are allot of things you would like to censor, but be very care full what you wish for.

And for Mr 50 Cal shooter, if money is all that a person is driven by, then yes you are correct what we linked off of our site is not wise, however as many people have discovered in life, money is not everything.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I am not religious but it's their site and they are free to express themselves however they want to. As long as it's not forced on me I don't care either way.
    This sums it up for me
    in a home defense situation is action shooting sports membership a liability in court

"I think only if you tape your hits, or tell the responding officer, "Hey, down zero!"