Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread: The Gospel Explained

The one bad thing about this hobby is that some people have to push their god to the rest of us.
    God made me an atheist.
    Religion - The most destructive weapon man has ever created.
    You can always have fun at someone else's expense.

I'm thankful for the men and women who made great sacrifices so that we are free to have conversations like this.
    Sweet

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    An excuse, facade or whatever you want to call it. If there were No Religion there would have been no Crusades.
    Do you even know what started the CRUSADES?
    How many Crusades were there?
    Does defending your country count as a crusade?
    I guess i can't blame you because history has now been rewritten so many times and if I got my history from Hollywood I guess i would think the same BS you do to make that typical Jackass/ignorant & uneducated/ ill informed statement.

Do you know when the word "Crusade" actually started to be used to describe that very long period of history?

Why am I wasting my time?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Morrison View Post
    Question: What does one call a person who refuses to buy a car from a black car dealer because he's black, or a TV from a gay futureshop employee because he's gay? Or a gun from a person because they're Christians?
    We would call them "discriminating" which is their right unless they try and convince others of their view. However this example doesn't quite stand up unless the black car dealer is promoting black causes on his corporate website or the electronics dealer is explaining the joys of gay sex on his. How many people would deal with someone who had a link entitled "The Jihad Explained" on their website?

I have no quarrel with Frontier's weblink. Their site, their business and their right and it wouldn't stop me from doing business with them although my idea of a free gift from a gun dealer is ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Leibermuster View Post
    Do you even know what started the CRUSADES?

I guess i can't blame you because history has now been rewritten so many times and if I got my history from Hollywood I guess i would think the same BS you do to make that typical Jackass/ignorant & uneducated/ ill informed statement.

Do you know when the word "Crusade" actually started to be used to describe that very long period of history?

Why am I wasting my time?
    the same BS you do to make that typical Jackass/ignorant & uneducated/ ill informed statement.

And the personal attacks begin.

Are you a History professor, perhaps you could educate me instead of assuming I get my information from Hollywood movies?

The Crusades were about Christian control and conquering/retaining land, not about defending a country.
    The Church used the veil of Religion to obtain political power, money and justification for the murders of 100,000's of Men, women and Children.
    The goal was to take primary control of the Holy land (Jerusalem) from Muslim rule.

The 'Crusades' to which I earlier suggested were 9. Of which were fought over western Europe and eventually ended in the Middle East.
    They were primarily fought between Roman Catholics against Muslims and Greek Orthodox Christians. approx (1095 and 1291)

A Quote from Wikipedia:

'The Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns, called by the pope and waged by
    kings and nobles who volunteered to take up the cross with the main goal of restoring Christian control of the Holy Land
    '

If I have the information wrong please let me know. Also, feel free to sign up as an author on Wikipedia
    and change or revise any information you think is false.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The issue of 'evidence' is always an interesting one, to me - we can all think of examples of issues where there's a plethora of evidence, and still non-believers. There are plenty of people who still think gun control is a good idea, despite the readily available evidence otherwise. Then the whole 'climate change' issue. The bottom line is that we, as a species, are remarkably able to overlook evidence in favour of our own preconceptions. Jesus himself often refused to perform miracles because of exactly this reason: it's often not evidence that we really need.

So, Christians often get themselves into trouble, trying to win arguments and convince people who will not be convinced. Convincing is God's job. The job of the Christian is simply to be a witness to the things that have happened in his or her own life. To share, with the people that God brings us. That's it. No bashing people over the heads with our beliefs, no 'turn or burn' threats, nothing like that. So, I'm really pleased with the way this thread has been handled, and the way that Frontier goes about things. Answers are there, but the questions have to be asked first.

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    You guys just went up like a 100 points in my books. I have ordered from you before but I will go out of my way from now on to get my goods from you.
    This.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    the same BS you do to make that typical Jackass/ignorant & uneducated/ ill informed statement.

And the personal attacks begin.

Are you a History professor, perhaps you could educate me instead of assuming I get my information from Hollywood movies?

The Crusades were about Christian control and conquering/retaining land, not about defending a country.
    The Church used the veil of Religion to obtain political power, money and justification for the murders of 100,000's of Men, women and Children.
    The goal was to take primary control of the Holy land (Jerusalem) from Muslim rule.

The 'Crusades' to which I earlier suggested were 9. Of which were fought over western Europe and eventually ended in the Middle East.
    They were primarily fought between Roman Catholics against Muslims and Greek Orthodox Christians. approx (1095 and 1291)

A Quote from Wikipedia:

'The Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns, called by the pope and waged by
    kings and nobles who volunteered to take up the cross with the main goal of restoring Christian control of the Holy Land
    '

If I have the information wrong please let me know. Also, feel free to sign up as an author on Wikipedia
    and change or revise any information you think is false.
    The Muslims started the whole thing by conquering and constantly invading Southern Europe,it was a logical and justified response to the Muslim aggression into other countries. The Muslims were doing this for over 300 years before the first so called crusade..

So it was Justified...

You mix a lot of opinion on the subject and pic your facts conveniently as usual. I love how it starts with Muslim invasion of other non-Muslims countries yet the conclusion people like you come out with is blaming the Christians for launching a counter attack to Muslim invasions....so typical...The "CRUSADES" oh they were so wrong...blah blah, not saying there were not wrong things done, but keep in mind the instigators of the whole thing in the first place. Something you won't admit.

First there were 15 crusades then 12 now 9, I have read quite a bit on the subject and different books from various sources over the centuries and it amazes how much that history has been re-written, go research it your self. English accounts to french to Arab, have all changed dozens of times.

As far as personal attacks go, stop trying to use that to silence the debate.

Also if you actual read what the pope said and was written and recorded, it is perfectly understandable what he actually meant.

Things that will get locked up in OT do not belong here either.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314