Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2232343536373839404142434445464748495052 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

Hold off on the filing until you try installing the stock with the safety centered. Have done a few installs never a problem. Check you tube lots of info there.

I had the same problem when I did mine.

I noticed that the receiver wasn't sitting all the way back in the channel of the kit, preventing the front from coming down.

I needed 2 people to get mine in, one to put pressure backwards by pushing on the barrel while I tapped it into the kit with a mallot.

The tolerances are so tight, it doesn't take much to get hung up if it doesn't go in exactly square

well mine wouldnt fit so i dremeled a little off and got it in, its still very tight. I smacked my face pulling it back out pulling on barrel :/ i also have the archangel 556 and the receivers fit in perfectly. Im sure mine had too much plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I need some help here installing the receiver into the kit. I cant get it in. Seems to get stuck where barrel meets the receiver. I filed it a little bit. I tried another receiver and same problem. Could I have a defective stock? Any tricks to it?
    I noticed on mine the barrel's V-block sticks out a wee bit on one side and was digging into the plastic of the marauder stock's inside face.
    I shaved down a little of the inside of the stock in that area with a sharp chisel and she slipped in faily easy then.
    After you tilt the back of the reciever so you can start to push the barrel end down, only do so when the whole barrel/ receiver is level with the new stock, then push/ seat the whole thing down evenly and straight making sure the "finger scoop out" in the receiver clears the same area in the stock.

HTH,
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by onewheeldoin200 View Post
    Any magazines in yet, Dave?
    Shipment on the way, will be here end of next week!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

[QUOTE= After you tilt the back of the reciever so you can start to push the barrel end down, only do so when the whole barrel/ receiver is level with the new stock, then push/ seat the whole thing down evenly and straight making sure the "finger scoop out" in the receiver clears the same area in the stock.

HTH,
    BB[/QUOTE]

Exactly the way we do them! make sure the safety is in the center position as well.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Regular
    100 miles north 100 miles south, manitoba
    Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding this mag without the sleeve.... will it fit in a stock ruger, or a ruger with one of the mp5 type looking kits? the way it looks without the sleeve is very close to an Mp5 mag! closer than any of the others IMO!

thanks for now,

ginnz.

Quote Originally Posted by Silveragent View Post
    Is it me or is the one at the top curved? Are you shooting it with too wide an angle lens at too close a range? I'm a photographer and it seems that way to me.

CGN Regular
    100 miles north 100 miles south, manitoba
    Holy smokes man! That thing looks better than the marauder kit IMO! The rear stock is very nice compared to the marauder kit stock! personally i really dis-like the marauder stock.... it almost a deal breaker for me....

the only thing i see thats not very good is there is almost no trigger! you need a longer trigger!

good job!

GiNNz!
    Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    i see your marauder kit, and raise you this:

Gun : mossberg 702 plinkster .22lr
    Shell : 1:1, H&K-licensed airsoft g36c (all polymer, very close to the real thing).

No mods to the actual gun, just a homemade dressup kit. g36 Cocking handle and mag release are functionnal.

fake suppressor, M4 stock adapter with knock-off UBR stock. Original serial number is visible.

without the accessories, this thing cost me about the same as a Ruger 10/22 with marauder kit. Had to invest quite a bit of time though, but it was damn fun.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, just thought i'd share it with fellow nutz who like a .22lr G36, i'm pretty stoked with the result.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ginnz View Post
    personally i really dis-like the marauder stock.... it almost a deal breaker for me....

GiNNz!
    I guess you wouldn't want a real G36 then either (if they were available)?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnz View Post
    the only thing i see thats not very good is there is almost no trigger! you need a longer trigger!

good job!

GiNNz!
    I'm working on the trigger issue, should be an easy fix.

Thanks for the kind words!
    personnally, not only do i like the result better (near identical to the real thing), but it was a heck of a lot of fun to make! Didn't cost me more than a marauder kit either.