Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Anyone else get this loading the mag?
    You can use the butler creek speedloader. Its a little tougher because of the little wire.

What I've noticed is that because the sights sit so high, its really tough to zero. If its right at 20 yards, its high by 6 inches at 50. If its on at 50 its a solid 4-5 inches low at 20 yards. I'm sure once you have it out to 100 it probably isn't that different from the 50. Incidentally, I have the same trouble with my CZ 858 and the Kobra sight.
    *None of the foregoing constitutes legal advice particular to your situation, if you are seeking a legal opinion please retain counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    ntm ..I really like what you have done with yours ..looks great

I just sent out the emt for my stock ..
    In your previous post you mentioned it has a .750 barrel from Dlask and when I went to their website I only saw the .920 version ? , I have read the .920 will fit.
    Could you tell me the reason you went with a .750 size ? I havn,t heard of that size of barrel before .

Thanks
    .920 fits as well.
    I went with the .750 because it's lighter of course !
    It's still plenty beefy compared to a stock 10/22 barrel profile.
    My .750 dlask barrel shoots better than my .920 .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheRock View Post
    The hole for the pin in the flash hider doesn't go all the way through. Anyone know how to get the pin out if I want to get the flash hider off?
    I'm not sure how this can be removed either if it goes all the way in...

I've almost pinned mine almost all the way in but it's a bit loose/jiggles around. If I push it even more will it tighten up or should i also put some loctite on it?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheRock View Post
    The hole for the pin in the flash hider doesn't go all the way through. Anyone know how to get the pin out if I want to get the flash hider off?
    Quote Originally Posted by helloworld View Post
    I'm not sure how this can be removed either if it goes all the way in...

I've almost pinned mine almost all the way in but it's a bit loose/jiggles around. If I push it even more will it tighten up or should i also put some loctite on it?
    Read the instructions... it's all explained in there.
    Last edited by Bolt B'tard; 08-29-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: added content

BANNED
    I have no camera I don't have the photos. What I did with mine flash hinder was to drill the hole under thread it and put small allan screw there. Screw is almost invisible and keeps flash hinder attached securely plus it is easy to remove for cleaning

Anyone know if a drum mag will fit? The mag well looks pretty deep but I don't have one I can try.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    no it won't

Alright This kit looks fantastic in every form I have seen in the pictures displayed.
    The question I have is,
    Do the standard butler creek 25 round mags fit with this kit? or do I have to use the one that comes with it?
    I'm not so sure I like the idea of that piece of wire hanging out there.

If the butler creek mags do fit, can they be slipped into the Marauder mag sleeve in place of the original mag??
    It is not left vs. right; it is government vs. you. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Quote Originally Posted by thebutcher View Post
    Alright This kit looks fantastic in every form I have seen in the pictures displayed.
    The question I have is,
    Do the standard butler creek 25 round mags fit with this kit? or do I have to use the one that comes with it?
    I'm not so sure I like the idea of that piece of wire hanging out there.

If the butler creek mags do fit, can they be slipped into the Marauder mag sleeve in place of the original mag??
    Yes, butler creek mags work in the kit, but No you can not use the marauder sleeve on the butler creek mag. I do find however that the butler creek mags are tight in the kit.
    The mag that came with my kit work flawlessly and there is nothing wrong with the little wire.

So I just got my kit together, everything went in really good.

My sights I almost could have pushed out with my fingers. Took very light taps to come out

I did have lots of feeding issues. But I fixed that, when I noticed the fron of the ruger could have gone in a little further into the kit.

Once I did that had 1 jam in 3 magazines.

Friggen love it, ill post pics soon