Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P VTAC Pistol

As far as front sight itself shifting off I would assume this means they're simply not putting enough loctite etc on surface of slide and sight?

I'll be dripping in some red or green loctite day one based on hearing this.

In regards to the light pipe itself, possible to wick in some medium ca to retain its position?

Please report with what S&W is saying is their permanent fix for this as it seems to be common and would be nice to know what they will do for the owners out there, thx.

If you wish to contact S&W for their permanent fix, by all means have at it. I will call on monday and see what they will do for warranty. But as the sight is already reglued and red loctited mounted, i highly doubt they will be inclined to do anything.

But maybe, you never know, they might be helpful. After my last experience with warranty with Kimber in Canada, i am pretty soured on warranty period.
    Yep, it's like that.....

Here is the video.

ht tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTXAhKQ34fU&feature=plcp&context=C39e43caU DOEgsToPDskJAgjsOqQfoeUkoie1DcUfk
    Last edited by Dude in G.P.; 12-31-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: link didn't work
    Yep, it's like that.....

Well, have been in contact with VTAC, they arranged a return ticket for Trijicon for me to ship the front sight or slide back. They also mentioned that Mr. Lamb is talking to Trijicon about an engineering fix to the sight.

Great service.

BTW, i did not contact S&W i chose to deal with the company that put their name to the sight.
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hokus Grey's Avatar
    This seems to be a major issue. Makes me have second thoughts about this platform.
    #BeLoveCreateProtect

Hokus, it's not the platform, just the sight. Really only the front sight. I have been informed by GP Tactical that new sights are on the way.
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hokus Grey's Avatar
    Dude, my second guessing is constant, but I've been running the M&P for a long time and it's a great platform. Hopefully GP Tactical gets the VTAC soon.

Glad to hear VTAC is going to stand behind their product. When you're a shooter putting up high round counts, the last thing you want is a pistol with a known issue.

Great video BTW.
    #BeLoveCreateProtect

CGN Regular
    I have the original black m&p but am planning to get a vtac i was wobderibg if the slides and parts interchangeable? (Both are in 9)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Yep, they are. Other than the sights and the color, they are the exact same gun.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast