Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson 100 Year Anniversary 1911 8 Months over due but now on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post

I won't even rack the slide on this thing. Hope it will be a decent collectors item. Time will tell......
    I was just thinking...

To the serious US collectors, having one of ours would probably be more collectable than the US model.

Or, on the same token, would be a perfect "partner" for the collectors that already own the US version.

And there's only half as many "International Editions", making it even harder to aquire down there.

Pimp that ##### out across the border, on GunBroker... I'd guess it'd fetch ~ $2000 USD.

* sorry to hear about your job, I know the feeling...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thanx Boomer.

If I was still working, I was thinking about getting an American version, too.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

I saw one at Target Sports in Ontario for $1299....do you offer price matching

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeman View Post
    I saw one at Target Sports in Ontario for $1299....do you offer price matching
    Yeah ... on the second shipment.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Just got mine today and couldn't be happier. Pistol is beautiful and engravings are top notch. Thanks Frontier for great experience.

My 100th Anniversary arrived this afternoon. That is lightning-fast service and, like Bak Dur said, it is a beautiful gun -- I particularly like the feel of the trigger.

I found the engraving, however, especially on the slide, to be shallow and difficult to see. Has anyone else found this?
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Mine showed up but was more concerned about getting it in the house without gettting beaten to death.

Will examine more closely tomorrow.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Mine showed up but was more concerned about getting it in the house without gettting beaten to death.

Will examine more closely tomorrow.
    And hope she didn't find it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    ANYONE SHOOT IT? Range Reports.

Hopefully get mine by next Friday.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Didnt shoot mine yet.
    but today i was cycling a snap cap from the mag, and the stupid thing didnt go in fully and got completely stuck in the barrel. I had to literally hammer it out of the barrel. When i got it out, the snap cap was deformed. I field stripped it and lubed it up with my oils.
    I cant believe how tight and rough everything is. Its a struggle to pull the slide back, the spring was practically glued to the guide rod, the slide release didnt want to go in.......................is it cuz its new?? will it start smoothening out?? i have a taurus 1911 that i bought new and it was never like this when i first got it.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    ANYONE SHOOT IT? Range Reports.

Hopefully get mine by next Friday.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast