Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread: Smith & Wesson 100 Year Anniversary 1911 8 Months over due but now on the way!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bak Dur View Post
    Didnt shoot mine yet.
    but today i was cycling a snap cap from the mag, and the stupid thing didnt go in fully and got completely stuck in the barrel. I had to literally hammer it out of the barrel. When i got it out, the snap cap was deformed. I field stripped it and lubed it up with my oils.
    I cant believe how tight and rough everything is. Its a struggle to pull the slide back, the spring was practically glued to the guide rod, the slide release didnt want to go in.......................is it cuz its new?? will it start smoothening out?? i have a taurus 1911 that i bought new and it was never like this when i first got it.
    Wow, hope that is not the norm, 1. Because I have one on the way and 2. Because, imagine Smith and Wesson putting out a colt 1911 100th anniversary model and screwing it up by poor Q.C. they would lose thousands of future sales!
    I would think they checked extra carefull to make sure these were primo pistols, not just in the looks department but in the operations department also!
    By making a COLT model they are sort of saying, look, we can make your namesake better than you!!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    And hope she didn't find it

POSSIBLY busted by the registration certificate when she got to the mail before I...........
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Bak Dur View Post
    Didnt shoot mine yet.
    but today i was cycling a snap cap from the mag, and the stupid thing didnt go in fully and got completely stuck in the barrel. I had to literally hammer it out of the barrel. When i got it out, the snap cap was deformed. I field stripped it and lubed it up with my oils.
    I cant believe how tight and rough everything is. Its a struggle to pull the slide back, the spring was practically glued to the guide rod, the slide release didnt want to go in.......................is it cuz its new?? will it start smoothening out?? i have a taurus 1911 that i bought new and it was never like this when i first got it.
    I haven't shot mine yet (and will not be able to for some time, practical issues ) but I did pop in a snapcap. My gun was a little difficult to rack at first but soon smoothed out and is now quite pleasant. It was always much better than a Norinco NZ85 I have but not as smooth as a Remington 1911 I bought a few months ago (I haven't shot it, either ). The triggers on both 1911s are far superior to anything else I own.

Man, I gotta get a car so I can get to the range!
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011