Prophet River import service A++++

Let us know if you find out if the markings are 5.56 NATO or 223 Rem.

Def. would get one at that price.
Hi there! So lets say i want this beautiful ACR for 1700$
roughly speaking 400$ more, 3 month waiting and stars that are aligned, it's here at my door steps or do i miss anything, it's seems to good to be tru :eek:

Mags would have to be pinned too and make sure the marking IS NOT 5.56 NATO but 223 Rem.

Let us know if you find out if the markings are 5.56 NATO or 223 Rem.

Def. would get one at that price.

Just sent a message to them, waiting for answer ;)

I think the mag will have to be left there, if it's marked 5.56 and/or wouldn't be possible to pin it, but it's a small sacrifice, compered to 1k savings :D

P.S. I droll allover the place when look at what they have and what it costs Kel-Tec P-3AT .380 = 228$ :eek:

Let's hope for the right answer though not too hopeful; bet is they'd have the cooler military 5.56 NATO instead of civilian 2.23. Recall the XCR barrels had to be scrub down and remarked 223 for Canucks.

Probably easier to just dump the barrel, will be replacing it with lighter Marstar NR anyway and since the quick exchange parts aren't sold separately the 16" barrel is basically useless.

+1 on dump the mags, just std AR15 mags, I prefer the LAR 15 for my XCR.

I looked into importing the RFB but with the fixed barrel wouldn't be easy to replace like the ACR.
Just sent a message to them, waiting for answer ;)

I think the mag will have to be left there, if it's marked 5.56 and/or wouldn't be possible to pin it, but it's a small sacrifice, compered to 1k savings :D

P.S. I droll allover the place when look at what they have and what it costs Kel-Tec P-3AT .380 = 228$ :eek:

Still talking to the sellers.

Does importation of folding stock just by it self is still a problem?

Its really unkown. It MAY get approved or it may not. They can do what they want and it can change depending which officers desk it lands on.

We recently had a bunch of rifles rejected because they had scopes mounted on them. We had listed the scopes as part of the rifle but the officer returned the application citing that riflescopes are commerce department domain. This of course is true when bringing scopes by themselves but when attached to rifles they go as one item. We had hundreds of applications appoved that way and dozens since but that one officer made life interesting for us and the customers. :eek:

Is it possible to dispose the mag?
and dispose the barrel (keeping the quick exchange parts)?

Would that make the import "straight forward"?

It should, as long as the receiver is not marked 5.56 or 7.62.
Now having said that, we are having no tyrouble, so far, importing receivers only made by LRB that are marked 7.62.

I guess the best lesson here is, when bringing AR type stuff, be prepared for rule chages and rejection. Having said that, we have channels where we can help sell items if they got 'stuck' in the USA.

Good one, if at first you don't succeed try again. Of course in this case the smart bet would be the firearm id is registered upon application and that the exporter will surely be blacklisted for trying same thing again. Wouldn't it be great if one could try again, say one border custom officer wants to search you so you walk over to another line.
This is good to know!!!!! ;)

BTW, if one officer rejects export application, can you then start a new application at a bit later date and see what happens with a different officer?

I just loooove paper pusher desk rats with authority. :rolleyes:

CD

To the Prophet River folks,

Have you had any successful export of a NR RFB?

If so I'll call Melissa to get details, she's great.

NR RFB is the Non-Restricted Kel-Tec RFB, see link below for sample. Recall the US ver. is 18" barrel, vaultdistribution imports a custom 18.6" for CDN market. Was hoping someone managed to import a 18.6" RFB from the States.

http://www.vaultdistribution.com/
http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/default.asp?Pg=8&do=3&mcid=1&scid=12&pid=1691

Sorry, although we've brought a lot of different firearms across for clients, I'm not an expert on AR type stuff. What, exactly is a NR RFB?

I'm currently engaged with your service, so do you have shipments weekly or monthly? I'm just curious. So far the service has been "top shelf" and you want to keep Melissa happy, she's a real asset!!! Cheers

I have to stand up and testify as well, outstanding service bringing in a couple antique firearms for me recently. Melissa has the patience of a saint, Clay I don't what you pay her but it's probably not enough.:)

Just sent an inquiry looking to get my hands on that ever elusive HK45CT (the compact threaded tactical model)...that would save on having to try and get the barrel after the fact...and I see a couple have popped up on Gunbroker

OK, after taking delivery of my rifle, I'm in a position to say that, YES, it's worth it and it's not that expensive.

I purchased a SA SOCOM II and used Prophet River(PR) to import it. All in, I saved about $1000 dollars. The rifle was a deal in the US a $1300 and the fees were about $380 with taxes etc.The rifle was used, but in new condition.

PH service was impeccable, great comms, and tracking.
No complaints.

BTW according to PH, there folks in the US had to take a pic of the barrel stamp, "308" for the people at DOS, WOW take about BS. It is what it is!!

FYI, find a good deal on Gunbroker and go for it!!!
m1a-socom-ii-rifle.jpg

OK, after taking delivery of my rifle, I'm in a position to say that, YES, it's worth it and it's not that expensive.

I purchased a SA SOCOM II and used Prophet River(PR) to import it. All in, I saved about $1000 dollars. The rifle was a deal in the US a $1300 and the fees were about $380 with taxes etc.The rifle was used, but in new condition.

PH service was impeccable, great comms, and tracking.
No complaints.

BTW according to PH, there folks in the US had to take a pic of the barrel stamp, "308" for the people at DOS, WOW take about BS. It is what it is!!

FYI, find a good deal on Gunbroker and go for it!!!
m1a-socom-ii-rifle.jpg

Congrats! This is really a great service that they offer. If a guy wanted to shop around on a few US sites, what are the best ones? I have had my eye on a special edition Dan Wesson long barrel revolver for a long time but I can't even find out what model it is. All I have is a photo. Maybe if I spend some time looking around down south I may get lucky and find one. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom