Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prophet River import service A++++

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Tagged for interest.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Let us know if you find out if the markings are 5.56 NATO or 223 Rem.

Def. would get one at that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluoci View Post
    Hi there! So lets say i want this beautiful ACR for 1700$
    roughly speaking 400$ more, 3 month waiting and stars that are aligned, it's here at my door steps or do i miss anything, it's seems to good to be tru

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    Mags would have to be pinned too and make sure the marking IS NOT 5.56 NATO but 223 Rem.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Let us know if you find out if the markings are 5.56 NATO or 223 Rem.

Def. would get one at that price.
    Just sent a message to them, waiting for answer

I think the mag will have to be left there, if it's marked 5.56 and/or wouldn't be possible to pin it, but it's a small sacrifice, compered to 1k savings :D

P.S. I droll allover the place when look at what they have and what it costs Kel-Tec P-3AT .380 = 228$
    collect guns from video games, anybody else does it?

Let's hope for the right answer though not too hopeful; bet is they'd have the cooler military 5.56 NATO instead of civilian 2.23. Recall the XCR barrels had to be scrub down and remarked 223 for Canucks.

Probably easier to just dump the barrel, will be replacing it with lighter Marstar NR anyway and since the quick exchange parts aren't sold separately the 16" barrel is basically useless.

+1 on dump the mags, just std AR15 mags, I prefer the LAR 15 for my XCR.

I looked into importing the RFB but with the fixed barrel wouldn't be easy to replace like the ACR.
    Just sent a message to them, waiting for answer

I think the mag will have to be left there, if it's marked 5.56 and/or wouldn't be possible to pin it, but it's a small sacrifice, compered to 1k savings :D

P.S. I droll allover the place when look at what they have and what it costs Kel-Tec P-3AT .380 = 228$
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Is it possible to dispose the mag?
    and dispose the barrel (keeping the quick exchange parts)?

Would that make the import "straight forward"?
    Mags would have to be pinned too and make sure the marking IS NOT 5.56 NATO but 223 Rem.

Still talking to the sellers.

Does importation of folding stock just by it self is still a problem?
    collect guns from video games, anybody else does it?

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Still talking to the sellers.

Does importation of folding stock just by it self is still a problem?
    Its really unkown. It MAY get approved or it may not. They can do what they want and it can change depending which officers desk it lands on.

We recently had a bunch of rifles rejected because they had scopes mounted on them. We had listed the scopes as part of the rifle but the officer returned the application citing that riflescopes are commerce department domain. This of course is true when bringing scopes by themselves but when attached to rifles they go as one item. We had hundreds of applications appoved that way and dozens since but that one officer made life interesting for us and the customers.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Is it possible to dispose the mag?
    and dispose the barrel (keeping the quick exchange parts)?

Would that make the import "straight forward"?
    It should, as long as the receiver is not marked 5.56 or 7.62.
    Now having said that, we are having no tyrouble, so far, importing receivers only made by LRB that are marked 7.62.

I guess the best lesson here is, when bringing AR type stuff, be prepared for rule chages and rejection. Having said that, we have channels where we can help sell items if they got 'stuck' in the USA.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Having said that, we have channels where we can help sell items if they got 'stuck' in the USA.
    This is good to know!!!!!

BTW, if one officer rejects export application, can you then start a new application at a bit later date and see what happens with a different officer?

I just loooove paper pusher desk rats with authority.

CD
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

Good one, if at first you don't succeed try again. Of course in this case the smart bet would be the firearm id is registered upon application and that the exporter will surely be blacklisted for trying same thing again. Wouldn't it be great if one could try again, say one border custom officer wants to search you so you walk over to another line.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdill View Post
    This is good to know!!!!!

BTW, if one officer rejects export application, can you then start a new application at a bit later date and see what happens with a different officer?

I just loooove paper pusher desk rats with authority.

CD

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast