Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms Backpacker

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockenshpiel View Post
    Short barrel?

How was Dlask able to sell his 3-shot Rem870 pistol-grip shorties 4 or 5 years ago for $800 a pop then? Those were quite a bit shorter than the backpackers.
    Well it was because they copyied a company that made a pistol version it was bascily a pistol grip attached to the single shot gun and they said since it was registered as a pistol in the states it's a pistol up here.. it was one of the wtf moments.. since they used the same action is how they put it was one of the cases that leave you scratching your head..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I have a DA backpacker. Its non-restricted and does not have a pistol grip. This is a single shot 12 ga with a 13" barrel and a full wooden stock.

I actually love the gun. Very handy. I was unaware that there was some more arbitrary flipflopping of classifications going on in regards to this gun.

Before that I had a dlask 870 with 8" barrel and a pistol grip that was all made up at dlask. It had its own FRT and was non-restricted, then then someone decided they would rather it were restricted for reasons of "Public Safety". (That's straight from the then Minister of Public Safety, Stockwell Day) I had to put a full stock on it to keep it non-restricted. So I sold it and bought the backpacker. It weighs about the same, maybe less and is a far more usefull gun for my purposes.

haha, I remember creating a funny post a while back about that Dlask shotgun. I wonder if its still on here. I think the title of it was something like "SMD-12 saved my bacon"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    I have a DA backpacker. Its non-restricted and does not have a pistol grip. This is a single shot 12 ga with a 13" barrel and a full wooden stock.

I actually love the gun. Very handy. I was unaware that there was some more arbitrary flipflopping of classifications going on in regards to this gun.

Before that I had a dlask 870 with 8" barrel and a pistol grip that was all made up at dlask. It had its own FRT and was non-restricted, then then someone decided they would rather it were restricted for reasons of "Public Safety". (That's straight from the then Minister of Public Safety, Stockwell Day) I had to put a full stock on it to keep it non-restricted. So I sold it and bought the backpacker. It weighs about the same, maybe less and is a far more usefull gun for my purposes.

haha, I remember creating a funny post a while back about that Dlask shotgun. I wonder if its still on here. I think the title of it was something like "SMD-12 saved my bacon"
    I know blue line has a 6.5 inch version of the shotgun so its even smaller now..

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Well it was because they copyied a company that made a pistol version it was bascily a pistol grip attached to the single shot gun and they said since it was registered as a pistol in the states it's a pistol up here.. it was one of the wtf moments.. since they used the same action is how they put it was one of the cases that leave you scratching your head..

I think you're getting the DA backpacker and the Rossi backpacker mixed up. Two completely different cases.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_911 View Post
    I think you're getting the DA backpacker and the Rossi backpacker mixed up. Two completely different cases.
    That must be the case. I handled Rossi that someone brought to the trap range once.

Dominion backpacker isn't and can't be re-classified restricted as it does not fit a description in law.

Re-classification of Rossi is another travesty.
    The law is clear: a rifle or shotgun that can fire when its overall length is reduced by folding, telescoping or some other means to less than 660 mm (26 inches);
    Rossi was neither folding or telescoping and whoever thought it was a handgun could just as well apply that to any rifle or shotgun.

If Rossi was supposed to be restricted, than would swapping bbls between a pistol grip Grizzly and full-stock Grizzly make the former restricted? I don't think so, as the shotgun is neither folding or telescoping, although it is shorter than 26" with a 15" bbl, while longer than 26" with 18" bbl.
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    This item we do not expect to have again unless something changes.
    are they considering a reclassification, is it being studied right now from what you know?

just curious
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    could someone post a pic of the exact gun you are talking about here..... is it the Griz mag, the 4+1 pump, the single shot shorty or the double barrel shorty? damn google shows them all lol
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

CGN Regular
    There is only one Dominion Arms Backpacker that I am aware of:
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockenshpiel View Post
    There is only one Dominion Arms Backpacker that I am aware of:
    alrighty then.

Damn.... a single shot......lol.... good luck banning that.

it came short like that.... cant see how they can make that one prohibited.

unless the wood in the stock is the same wood the Russians used in their AK47s etc etc blah blah blah
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

BANNED
    I took mine deer hunting... after my arm got tired pushing bush with my M305 for 4 days

Didn't get anything - but man, that would have been epic if I did.

It would be hilariously tragic if both were reclassified.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast