Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ringing ears. fuuu

Running water and music both drown out the ringing.

Plus taking a shower helped a LOT. Seems like it may be like due to pressure in the ears. A hot shower made the ringing go down like 30%
    They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Quote Originally Posted by woodchopper View Post
    one round of 9mm...

the ringing will go away, and you won't notice any hearing loss in time.

try several hundred rounds of 30cal
    Try 5 consecutive RAP rounds through the Carl G...

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by yardie View Post

why would you do that with no ear pro??? their practice rounds after all , when i was in they made us double (up plugs and muffs) when on the carl g range
    Last edited by caustic; 08-10-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: to add

Quote Originally Posted by yardie View Post

well I bet that sucked the snot out of you, just in time for the RAP to kick in and kick everything back into your face.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavyBullet's Avatar
    Its to bad your range does not have an ear protection rule, then you would not be experiencing this, or were you in an indoor range with only foam plugs ?? Decent muffs do not have to cost an arm and a leg, and I am sure you will be well protected next time.

Like many here, when I was young no one I knew was wearing ear protection, and now I pay the price with tinnitus and poor hearing. Nothing worse than when your hunting, all alone in the woods, and its real quiet, and you cannot hear anything because of all the noise in your ears.

Are the foam plugs better than the muffs? The muffs Im looking at are rated 26 on NRR. My foam plugs are 29. Maybe combine both?
    They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyth View Post
    Are the foam plugs better than the muffs? The muffs Im looking at are rated 26 on NRR. My foam plugs are 29. Maybe combine both?
    plugs and muffs.
    Foxtrot Foxtrot Sierra!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer notsorichguy's Avatar
    Don't waste your money on muffs with a NRR of less than 33......
    AKA: M14medic.ca

Care to link me to some that have that NRR rating? I don't have much money to spend. I may take a try at those electronic ones that you posted earlier. Care to link me to them? My browsers acting fishy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavyBullet's Avatar
    Considering that most clubs have both hearing protection rules and eye protection rules, you would not be getting the exact advertised level of protection from your muffs since the arms of your safety glasses interfere with a perfect seal of the muffs. Doubling up with plugs might not be convenient, but I believe its the best.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast