Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR's

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MrSchultz's Avatar
    damn they just had an ACR for sale but sold pretty quick (in black though). I talked to the importer for the bushmaster products and they say ACRs are on back order and we won't see any until maybe july/august.... and they will be black... I just don't understand why they don't get the tan model, maybe it's too popular in the US and people are buying them up.

I would like one in tan but doens't look like we'll see any. I'll just it armacoated, I give up.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSchultz View Post
    damn they just had an ACR for sale but sold pretty quick (in black though). I talked to the importer for the bushmaster products and they say ACRs are on back order and we won't see any until maybe july/august.... and they will be black... I just don't understand why they don't get the tan model, maybe it's too popular in the US and people are buying them up.

I would like one in tan but doens't look like we'll see any. I'll just it armacoated, I give up.
    When you say "the importer" I'm guessing you're talking about Gravel... Just so we're clear, we imported our ACR's directly from the U.S. as opposed to working through a Canadian wholesaler. Last Septemeber/October we did offer to purchase some units from Gravel, who promised us and other dealers that they would deliver ACR's by end of last November... we gave them a PO for a quantity of guns... not a single unit was ever delivered. They have never even given an explanation for why the delay.

I am doubtful of their July/August estimate. Regardless, I would expect inventory to be available in the US before any ships to Canada and if that is indeed the case then we'll have product before Gravel receives their shipment. Right now there simply aren't any ACR's in stock at any US Distributors. If FDE/Tan becomes available we'll import them but at the moment we can't get them, regardless of colour.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    When you say "the importer" I'm guessing you're talking about Gravel... Just so we're clear, we imported our ACR's directly from the U.S. as opposed to working through a Canadian wholesaler. Last Septemeber/October we did offer to purchase some units from Gravel, who promised us and other dealers that they would deliver ACR's by end of last November... we gave them a PO for a quantity of guns... not a single unit was ever delivered. They have never even given an explanation for why the delay.

I am doubtful of their July/August estimate. Regardless, I would expect inventory to be available in the US before any ships to Canada and if that is indeed the case then we'll have product before Gravel receives their shipment. Right now there simply aren't any ACR's in stock at any US Distributors. If FDE/Tan becomes available we'll import them but at the moment we can't get them, regardless of colour.
    I am new to cgn... and already i thank you for all your tireless work no matter the outcome some times, and i know these things can take time... sometimes, more than we as owners, enthusiasts, smiths, and company's like. So again thank you, if it wasn't for people like you we wouldn't have half the stuff we do. On a lighter note is there a way i can be notified if a order of tan acrs comes in with folding stocks if possible? Or tan with with the option to order a tan folder? Thanks for your imput.

oh ok, obviously I didn't understand. I thought you guys brought them in through Gravel... still learning! but thank you for the clarification.

Questar can still import the accessories right? like folding stock, quad rail, stuff like that... is that correct?

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    oh ok, obviously I didn't understand. I thought you guys brought them in through Gravel... still learning! but thank you for the clarification.

Questar can still import the accessories right? like folding stock, quad rail, stuff like that... is that correct?
    If we could get them we could import them but getting them is the issue. Bushmaster has been advertising the accessories on their own website for a while now, but they don't seem to be actually shipping them to dealers and in many cases retail customers are having issues getting their orders filled as well. There is no explanation from Bushmaster on why this is.

The various Bushmaster Distributors in the US seem totally unable to even get wholesale pricing from Bushmaster on the accessory items, let alone inventory.

We've been beating our heads against the wall since last year trying to get ACR's and accessories. I can only imagine that Gravel is having the same issues that all the other distributors are having, except for Gravel it's worse because they have to get Bushmaster to build them special "export" versions of the guns in order to comply with Bushmaster's export permit and that means more work and more cost so it only makes sense that Bushmaster would want to address their domestic orders first, and that adds to their delays.

I think we all need to take a moment and remind ourselves where all this went wrong with Shrubmaster. Youtube has it all on tape!

If we could get them we could import them but getting them is the issue. Bushmaster has been advertising the accessories on their own website for a while now, but they don't seem to be actually shipping them to dealers and in many cases retail customers are having issues getting their orders filled as well. There is no explanation from Bushmaster on why this is.

The various Bushmaster Distributors in the US seem totally unable to even get wholesale pricing from Bushmaster on the accessory items, let alone inventory.

We've been beating our heads against the wall since last year trying to get ACR's and accessories. I can only imagine that Gravel is having the same issues that all the other distributors are having, except for Gravel it's worse because they have to get Bushmaster to build them special "export" versions of the guns in order to comply with Bushmaster's export permit and that means more work and more cost so it only makes sense that Bushmaster would want to address their domestic orders first, and that adds to their delays.

what a crazy industry!! demand is so high, can't produce enough to sustain demand, it's amazing, I don't know what other type of industry has the same issues lol

I should get into the business of manufacturing firearms, I"d have no shortage of work thats for sure

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    what a crazy industry!! demand is so high, can't produce enough to sustain demand, it's amazing, I don't know what other type of industry has the same issues lol

I should get into the business of manufacturing firearms, I"d have no shortage of work thats for sure
    Right now the US Firearms industry is in that unusual situation... but I don't believe that is the problem with the ACR.

In so far as the Bushmaster ACR's are concerned, it's not that US distributors aren't getting enough product to fill their backorders, it's more that they aren't getting ANY product... Bushmaster isn't making the product or shipping it in any real quantity, especially the accessories... almost like they produced a small number so they could claim it exists, but then stopped making/shipping them and never really shipped many in the first place.

In speaking with several of the largest distributors in the US (these guys carry everything from just about every US manufacturer) and they say they haven't seen any ACR shipments since middle of last year... not even trickles.

As for the rest of the industry and the current product shortages, that's a real problem. Demand right now is overwhelming most manufacturers but that demand is being driven by the current political concerns. If a company goes out and spends huge money to increase capacity (which still takes time to ramp up) they will be in bigger trouble later when the demand falls off after the political forces driving the demand disappear. The last time this happened a lot of companies went out and spent big money on more equipment only to be faced with huge financial losses when the demand fell off... it's a catch 22.

might just have to buy the PWS carbines instead. There is an ACR for sale on EE, and someone I know is selling his as well, but if it's going to be difficult (or near impossible) to get parts for it, I think I'll pass - at least until the supply can be met and bushmaster wakes up.

Any word on when there will be more non res models in?
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.