Non-Restricted ACR's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw that Noveske barrel on the ACR forum. Droooool. Kind of what I had in mind. I've always been happy with Questar's service, so I'd rather just buy it from Mark, when he gets them up and rolling.

The standard ACR barrel is midlength gas system so any carbine length barrel will require work on the port and the piston op rod requires shortening to function. The problem becomes balancing the correct port size and the barrels off the shelf which are carbine length are oversize ports which creates a problem of overgasing. The 12.5 barrel is the shortest which the existing op rod and piston including the gas block will work just requires the correct port size. Check with Questar they have done the work with the 12.5 barrel who knows they might offer a barrel in 12.5 which was the original masada barrel length that balanced best.

Ian at Herron Arms did my non-restricted ACR barrel. Started from scratch using a match grade blank. If you want to get technical, best to get him involved in the conversation.

Got my tracking number today, wow I thought it was going to take 6 weeks great job guys. Always great service from Mark and the team at Questar.:)

Export from the USA probably isn't allowed for the folding stock model, correct? Are there any plans to bring some folding stocks in (from somewhere) so these could be retrofitted?

Export from the USA probably isn't allowed for the folding stock model, correct? Are there any plans to bring some folding stocks in (from somewhere) so these could be retrofitted?

If we can get an export permit to allow export of the stock from the US to Canada then we'll bring them in.

Mark

I like this version;
A quick look on the internet and its looks like Spike's made a 12.5" barrel, Questar sells Spike's stuff?
workphotos1of1.jpg

firearm_carbine_ACR_8_ss.jpg

Can't that be accomplished using an AR barrel?.Again like the SCAR, sourcing parts for the gas system will be like finding "hens teeth".

Yeah, that's what I mean. You need the donor barrel for the gas system parts. Bushmaster won't sell the gas system parts yet, and you can't buy a spare barrel, unless you buy a whole new rifle. I've been looking like crazy in the US, and I can't find anyone with a spare barrel, or gas system parts. I read some where that Bushmaster will be selling additional barrels in 2012, as well as some of the lighter components developed for the Remington ACR. Have to wait and see I guess. That being said, Questar always seems to find a way to get what I need :)

Well this reminds me alot of the SCAR situation.Since FN didn't support the spare parts market with respect to the replacement barrels(after all the system was designed for a"quick change" option).Many owners opted to have there barrel cut, for the SBR option.There was a company making a barrel replacement and there own gas block, but it was $750.

The ACR owner will need deep pockets to add the various options, like the handguard, stock and shorter barrel.

I like this version;
A quick look on the internet and its looks like Spike's made a 12.5" barrel, Questar sells Spike's stuff?
workphotos1of1.jpg

firearm_carbine_ACR_8_ss.jpg

Very nice, by the time you get that together, it be over $4000 for a plastic Rifle.
Be nice if the lower is Aluminum.

Ohh Gunboy, don't be a hater. They're just toys. Besides, I trust my life to a Glock 22, and its got a plastic lower too.

As for cutting my barrel, I bought a Questar non-restricted model, so there won't be any of that. I'd hate to ruin a match grade,"renowned barrel maker" barrel just try out a short profile.

However, if anyone wants to sell me their complete 16" restricted barrel, send me a PM.

As for cutting my barrel, I bought a Questar non-restricted model, so there won't be any of that. I'd hate to ruin a match grade,"renowned barrel maker" barrel just try out a short profile.

What became of the original 16" barrel? I know they used the gas parts, but they should still have the barrel that came with the rifle?

What became of the original 16" barrel? I know they used the gas parts, but they should still have the barrel that came with the rifle?

The original barrels that we get with the rifles have to stay in the US since State Department Export Permit specifically states that we can't export them (marked 5.56).

We have a very limited market for these take-off barrels in the US so we allow for that when we figure the cost/pricing of the rifle... helps to reduce the retail pricing we set.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom