Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR's

Quote Originally Posted by Ceska View Post
    Can some one with some photoshop kung fu slap up a pic with a back barrel and a FH on that? If you guys come out with that in .308 ..... well a man can dream right?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    So what is expected for accuracy?
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

i think i need two more gun safes .
    Quote Originally Posted by BP7
    It's a DUTY pistol, not a Faberge egg.

Times like this make me repeat the mantra "mag laws suck".
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    So what is expected for accuracy?
    I would not be surprised at 1" groups or less.

Everytime Questar has brought in their own barrel they have been fantastic.
    People are always 'uneasy' when things are re-barreled, but Questar does not sell crap to their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    That is exactly what mine will look like in a couple weeks.

On another note:

Mark, can any AR barrel be turned to accept the ACR gas block and locking nut assembly? Does the barrel use a carbine length gas port, or is it a length specific to the ACR?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Good job indeed. Feel for all the poor folks that put a deposit and waited months/year for a same or greater price Restricted model.

Forget the RFB, XCR-M, I want a 308 ACR.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Proenneke View Post
    That is exactly what mine will look like in a couple weeks.

On another note:

Mark, can any AR barrel be turned to accept the ACR gas block and locking nut assembly? Does the barrel use a carbine length gas port, or is it a length specific to the ACR?
    We did this project about a year ago so my memory is a bit vague now on specifics. If I recall correctly, it is possible to make changes to a standard AR barrel so that it will work, but there were some areas of the profile that are NOT the same and we made our barrels to be correct in those areas. I would have to dig up the prints we created for our barrel to confirm which measurements were different.

I do recall reading somewhere that some guys in the US we modifying regular AR barrels they had purchased and made them work with their ACR hardware... no idea if they had any issues with them or not.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the quick response. I know you mentioned some different barrel options you were working on, but a 12.5" Crusader style barrel, would be nice. Perhaps by the same "renowned barrel maker".

I know bushmaster is not selling the barrel/piston components on their own, but are they selling complete barrel assemblies on there own?

There's another board called ACRFORUM which I've been following as of late. There are quite a few Yankee's chopping up AR barrel and installing them on ACR's. One guy managed to rig up a Noveske barrel. They're pretty bold.

I don't have the balls to start f'n around with that kind of stuff. I'll keep investing in Questar stock as long as they keep pumping out the goods.

Dick, on a side note I called Bushmaster last week and they're not selling ANYTHING to do with the barrel and gas system. Their rep said the conversions should be out early next year and spare gas system parts soon after.

Bushmaster is still in the process of relocating, the rep was quite adamant about that.

Call them if you have questions, their number is on their site.
    Last edited by md519; 08-12-2011 at 10:00 PM.