Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR's

Yeah, I saw that Noveske barrel on the ACR forum. Droooool. Kind of what I had in mind. I've always been happy with Questar's service, so I'd rather just buy it from Mark, when he gets them up and rolling.

The standard ACR barrel is midlength gas system so any carbine length barrel will require work on the port and the piston op rod requires shortening to function. The problem becomes balancing the correct port size and the barrels off the shelf which are carbine length are oversize ports which creates a problem of overgasing. The 12.5 barrel is the shortest which the existing op rod and piston including the gas block will work just requires the correct port size. Check with Questar they have done the work with the 12.5 barrel who knows they might offer a barrel in 12.5 which was the original masada barrel length that balanced best.

Ian at Herron Arms did my non-restricted ACR barrel. Started from scratch using a match grade blank. If you want to get technical, best to get him involved in the conversation.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome." --

Got my tracking number today, wow I thought it was going to take 6 weeks great job guys. Always great service from Mark and the team at Questar.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Export from the USA probably isn't allowed for the folding stock model, correct? Are there any plans to bring some folding stocks in (from somewhere) so these could be retrofitted?

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    Export from the USA probably isn't allowed for the folding stock model, correct? Are there any plans to bring some folding stocks in (from somewhere) so these could be retrofitted?
    If we can get an export permit to allow export of the stock from the US to Canada then we'll bring them in.

Mark

CGN Regular
    Mark do you have any of N-R ACRs left in stock ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    I like this version;
    A quick look on the internet and its looks like Spike's made a 12.5" barrel, Questar sells Spike's stuff?

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

i want one.
    93AAĜ1976

The British empire was an incredible achievement. It brought civilisation to the uncivilised.

So money! As soon as I have enough spare change to justify an non-res AR purchase I will definately give this a look.