Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR's

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    I like this version;
    A quick look on the internet and its looks like Spike's made a 12.5" barrel, Questar sells Spike's stuff?

I want one too. I think they still need a donor barrel though. That's the biggest problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Can't that be accomplished using an AR barrel?.Again like the SCAR, sourcing parts for the gas system will be like finding "hens teeth".
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Yeah, that's what I mean. You need the donor barrel for the gas system parts. Bushmaster won't sell the gas system parts yet, and you can't buy a spare barrel, unless you buy a whole new rifle. I've been looking like crazy in the US, and I can't find anyone with a spare barrel, or gas system parts. I read some where that Bushmaster will be selling additional barrels in 2012, as well as some of the lighter components developed for the Remington ACR. Have to wait and see I guess. That being said, Questar always seems to find a way to get what I need

Well this reminds me alot of the SCAR situation.Since FN didn't support the spare parts market with respect to the replacement barrels(after all the system was designed for a"quick change" option).Many owners opted to have there barrel cut, for the SBR option.There was a company making a barrel replacement and there own gas block, but it was $750.

The ACR owner will need deep pockets to add the various options, like the handguard, stock and shorter barrel.

I like this version;
    A quick look on the internet and its looks like Spike's made a 12.5" barrel, Questar sells Spike's stuff?

Very nice, by the time you get that together, it be over $4000 for a plastic Rifle.
    Be nice if the lower is Aluminum.
    I am not even sure How much beer I drank Toyad.

Ohh Gunboy, don't be a hater. They're just toys. Besides, I trust my life to a Glock 22, and its got a plastic lower too.

As for cutting my barrel, I bought a Questar non-restricted model, so there won't be any of that. I'd hate to ruin a match grade,"renowned barrel maker" barrel just try out a short profile.

However, if anyone wants to sell me their complete 16" restricted barrel, send me a PM.

As for cutting my barrel, I bought a Questar non-restricted model, so there won't be any of that. I'd hate to ruin a match grade,"renowned barrel maker" barrel just try out a short profile.
    What became of the original 16" barrel? I know they used the gas parts, but they should still have the barrel that came with the rifle?

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    What became of the original 16" barrel? I know they used the gas parts, but they should still have the barrel that came with the rifle?
    The original barrels that we get with the rifles have to stay in the US since State Department Export Permit specifically states that we can't export them (marked 5.56).

We have a very limited market for these take-off barrels in the US so we allow for that when we figure the cost/pricing of the rifle... helps to reduce the retail pricing we set.

Mark

OK, that makes sense, I thought that the R&R was done here.

BANNED
    Can you import the barrels?
    Maybe take those barrels and turn them down to 12.5" or 11.5"...
    Then import them as just normal barrels for resale