Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CSA Vz-58 .223 AR Adapters (ETA?)

Ok, here are the first offical pictures of the CSA mag well adapter.

I was surprized to see that this mag well was constructed in polymer. I must admit though it seems very strong and very well put together.

It also seems to be a fairly straightforward installation process. I've included a copy of the instruction so gun nutz can memorize the installation process before they actually receive the product.

Enjoy!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't consider myself mechanically inclined. Is this a job that requires three hands and special tools?

A couple of quick questions if I may....

Don't mean to be impatient, but any pics of an installed unit?

Does the "mag well adapter catch" (part 651) allow release of the mag well adapter out of the rifles receiver? If so, can the regular (i.e.non AR mags)-CSA 223 mags then be used without switching back to the original pins/catches and springs? (to basically allow use between both types of mags readily merely by taking out the mag well adapter?--part 65)
    Last edited by zupermann; 09-02-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: to make things clearer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    I would hope that whomever carries these offers installation as an option. I'm mechanically inclined but would rather not dick around with something I have no experience with such as this.

Are all CSA dealers stocking these? When will they have them?

Are these 100% reliable? I'd be curious to an actual range report on fit, function and reliability.

Depending on these results may be the deciding factor if I want one of these csa 556 rifles or not.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    the installation seams simple enuff but i see the compacts serial numbers (ending in CP) are not included .

Thanks North Sylva for the update and pics!

Would you happen to know which dealers will be carrying these and when? I want to order one as soon as the first "for sale" ones get here. Thanks again!

Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What needs to be done to the receiver in order to accept the mag adapter on the first batch?

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    What needs to be done to the receiver in order to accept the mag adapter on the first batch?

Thanks
    Re-reading the bottom of the instructions:

"Only if the receiver of the firearm is modified"

Noticing this also makes me want clarification.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    I had to laugh a little at the disclaimer at the end of the instructions. Doesn't turn the vz58 into an m16? What a rip off.

Manufacturer-Business Member
    ... Surprised no one has mentioned this;

How about installing this AR adapter in your 7.62mm rifle and using the the incoming 10rnd 7.62x39 XCR Pistol Mags..

BANNED
    where can i order this adapter??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast