Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: AN SKS for $75.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    Sorry to hear you had hospital visits John, I hope it wasn't too serious, or that it's on the mend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    BIGPLINKER;
    If I had know I would have refused treatment to take care of your order.
    John[/B]
    LOL

/ hope you are well now
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

I find it easier to just call and get a quote, last time Christian got back to me in less then an hour.

Hope your doing better John.
    I may be disabled, but I can still shoot:

aaron@disabledfarming on Twitter
    http://dudeinthewoods.wordpress.com

BANNED
    Johns back and angry as ever!!

BANNED
    About the order John, this is Brian, in Alberta. I emailed asking about shipping last week before I placed the order and was told you'd give me a quote about shipping after I placed the order (which isn't a completely unusual request, considering my previous experience ordering over the Internet). And my emails were to and from you, John of marstar, not a machine. I'm sorry about your being in hospital, life sucks, but this is business, conducted by me partially on the opinions given on this site. Why would you ship things separately except for the money grab?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigplinker View Post
    Why would you ship things separately except for the money grab?
    (I haven't read through the whole thread, but I'm assuming you bought a sks and ammo)

If so, it's a legal issue for the ammo and a cost issue for the consumer.

The rifle would be sent Canada Post, since it would be the cheapest for the consumer and ammo would be sent by courier, since it would be illegal to send it by Canada Post.

I'm sure John/Marstar or any other retailer/sponsor would love to ship with one carrier, since it would reduce the paperwork and labour of getting multiple carriers which equates to man-power hours or increased overhead.

But to stay competitive with everyone else, online stores have to use the most economical carriers, that meets legal standards.

John has stated, more then once he charges what he gets charged (google, "Marstar, actual shipping costs"); if you don't believe him, take the sks package to the post office and ask them what it would cost to send it back (remember to use the same service as it was sent) and call the courier that sent the ammo, what it would cost with the package size, weight and making the ammo declaration.

Quote Originally Posted by bigplinker View Post
    About the order John, this is Brian, in Alberta. I emailed asking about shipping last week before I placed the order and was told you'd give me a quote about shipping after I placed the order (which isn't a completely unusual request, considering my previous experience ordering over the Internet). And my emails were to and from you, John of marstar, not a machine. I'm sorry about your being in hospital, life sucks, but this is business, conducted by me partially on the opinions given on this site. Why would you ship things separately except for the money grab?
    I'll answer that one....

According to the CFC Firearms must be sent by Canada post. According to Canada post they cannot ship ammo so a different shipping service must be used.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/trans-eng.htm#d3

"Q. Can I send firearms in the mail?

You may ship restricted firearms, non-restricted firearms and prohibited handguns from one Canadian location to another Canadian location if you use the most secure method offered by Canada Post that requires a signature upon delivery. Prohibited firearms, other than prohibited handguns, and firearms being shipped across the Canadian border, must be shipped by an individual or carrier company licensed under the Firearms Act to transport those classes of firearms.

You are required by law to ship firearms unloaded and in a safe and secure manner to deter loss, theft and accidents."

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGnonmail-e.asp#1378311

"Dangerous Goods, as defined by the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Clear Language) Regulations (TDGR), are non-mailable matter, except, if permitted by the TDGR, the mailer of the dangerous goods offers them to Canada Post for transport in Limited Quantity as defined by the TDGR, and if the Corporation is capable of handling them. "

"Class 1 – Explosives

ammunition; black powder; blasting caps, cartridge; detonators; dynamite; explosive fuses and igniters; fireworks; flash powder; grenades; nitro-glycerine; rocket motors; signal flares; toy and starting pistol caps "

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Denich View Post

According to the CFC Firearms must be sent by Canada post.
    Not quite true. There is a list of licensed carriers. I believe that DHL is about the only one that will allow non-contract shipping, but Marstar, being a business (or able to be a contract customer), can use any carrier that is listed in this link

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/carr-tran/index-eng.htm

BANNED
    here is the 4th email I got from John, personally:

To Brian
    ORDER RECEIVED THANK YOU

On 1/11/2012 3:06 PM, Brian wrote:
    Hello again,
    Here is the order, with PAL scan.
    If you could let me know about shipping cost before completing transaction, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks again,
    Brian
    the 3 previous emails before all asked about shipping. I've sent three emails since this one asking about the price of shipping and still haven't gotten a reply. I understand the legalities of shipping a weapon and ammo together. I wanted a quote so I'd know, people here had suggested/experienced a price of $25 for shipping the rifle to Alberta. I'm not going to harp on about this; this's my experience, and I'm letting you all know, so you can come to your own conclusions.
    Best regards.
    Brian

Expired Business
    BIGPLINKER;
    "Why would you ship things separately except for the money grab? "

I resent this question, it seems to say that we take advantage of our clients.... For someone into the firarms hobby not to know the law any better than this is amazing...

IF you are not satisfied please return the entire purchase for a full refund.

John