Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: AN SKS for $75.

BANNED
    I resent this question, it seems to say that we take advantage of our clients.... For someone into the firarms hobby not to know the law any better than this is amazing...

IF you are not satisfied please return the entire purchase for a full refund.

.......I guess I just resent your promt replies to posts on this site, yet inability to respond to emails sent from me to you in regards to a business transaction between the two of us.

I'll admit my ignorance when it comes to shipping laws when it comes to firearms; lesson learned. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this great big innocent country of ours.
    My question to you is: how hard is it for you to supply me with a quote, when I've asked you for one, before taking my money? Can you answer that, in your resentful, bed-ridden state?

CGN frequent flyer
    First, my disclaimer-- I'm a nobody, I know nothing and I have zero power and I have no personal or professional affiliation with Marstar or John/or any of his staff.

Bigplinker;

I think it's kinda bold/misleading that Marstar "took your money". Marstar/John didn't come storming into your house, demand your credit card and ran off, later dropping off a sks and some ammo. Nor did he pull up your file from a previous order, make a new order for a sks and ammo and charged your credit card without you knowing.

You voluntary placed an order with Marstar and Marstar filled/shipped your order. Did you put a disclaimer on the order? Something along the lines of "Do NOT complete order until calling me about shipping costs"

Or you could of placed your order without the payment info or partial payment info. Thus causing Marstar to have to call you back to complete your order (and giving you a chance to ask about shipping over the phone).

Now, picking on John's medical condition. Really?????? C'mon grow up. We're adults here, not some some elementary school yard; where the best answer when one can't come up with one quickly is "your mama".

Bigplinker, you whine too much? (JK) You are new to this forum, and perhaps new to purchasing firearms online. There is a bit to read up on, basically, they ship seperate.

You arn't going to get a big heavy crate of ammo shipped to your door for the same price as a package. Its heavy bro, and expensive to ship as per other heavy items. The ammo is good though. It is shiny, no residue or grit, and looks to be years younger than other crates I have bought. Its price is slightly higher, but I would say definately worth it.

The rifle was also of a high quality, compared to other SKS on the market.

John is a good dealer, and is sometimes busy or unavailable. CALLING is always the best way to have an answer quickly. I've had some slowdowns with emails, and won't be using that method anymore.

John is not a cheater, and the man just told you why he couldn't answer his emails.

As he said, he will refund you, but I think once you receive your items you will be a happy shooter. Just have patience, and understanding, Mister 4 posts.

I for one think it is bad form to call out someone on their sate of health. Very inappropriate.
    I am also new to this, but not shopping and I for one would not leave my credit card information unless I was making the order.

Is it a wood stock or synthetic? and are tactical stocks available for this rifle?

BANNED
    First off, I apologize for my tasteless comment in regards to Johns help; frustration doesn't give one the right to be rude; a ######

I did, as shown in my message before, stipulate that he not process the order before giving me the quote; I said 'please don't' instead of 'DO NOT'.

I'm not questioning Johns professionalism or quality of merchandise; I haven't even received the product. I'm not even questioning the price of the shipping, 70 lbs is a lot of weight to ship 2000km.
    I just wanted him to give me a quote. That's all. So I could decide whether or not to go through with the deal.
    This is my quibble. Apologies if yes, it's whynny. Apparently I am harping on about it

BANNED
    either way, that 1400 rounds will go a long way to help vent some (obvious) pent up frustrations

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVGUNZ View Post
    Is it a wood stock or synthetic? and are tactical stocks available for this rifle?
    It will be a wood stock. You can also buy some synthetics for it, Tapco is one off the the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by bigplinker View Post
    either way, that 1400 rounds will go a long way to help vent some (obvious) pent up frustrations
    You bet sir. Its good ammo, and if you look at it as 150 more rounds then those 1250 crates of yesteryear, its a decent deal. Plus, it is split into more manageable tins of 700 rounds, which can be a good thing if you want to store a smaller amount without opening any of it to the elements.

Wood stock, I have 2 now, and I must say that the rifles are sweet. The ammo is VERY heavy and the cans come with the biggest can opener I have ever seen.
    Both of my sks's have performed flawlessly and are fun to take apart & clean.
    Which is very important to anyone using surp ammo.

I think bigplinker if you cool your jets and wait till you get your goods you will not wanna give them up no matter the cost. BUT John has always said (and said to you) if you dont like something he will provide full refund. WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU LIKE?

I would like to know where else you get that kind of guarantee?
    Not that I think for a second when you have your SKS in hand would you be willing to give it back.......

my .02