Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have Isuses when or during ordering or purchasing?

Anyone Have Isuses when or during ordering or purchasing?

I would like to know if anyone has ever had problems when ordering or during the process of purchasing new firearms? The past couple of times that I have purchased firearms i have had a couple of problems. A few months ago, I had ordered a firearm, I was told that they were expecting the delivery of the firearms from manufacturer in some time. I understood that I would have to wait until they came in, I traded in a few firearms, picked up a shotgun and paid for the firearm that I was ordering. I was told I would receive a call when my firearm came in. Well when they finally came in it was a month later than the date they had told me (which i can sort of handle), but when they did come in they never called me to come and pick up my order, I had called to see if they were in by chance. I was a bit upset, seeing how it was paid for and was late coming in and I didn't receive the phone call.

Now I have done the same thing again, I have purchased one of the Norinco CQ's (paid for), and now I am having sort of the same problems. When i went in to pay off the rest for the CQ (i had it on lay-a-way) they told me the transfer and paper work was done, just had to wait for the ATT. Well I call the CFO this afternoon (exactly a week after I was in last to pay it off) and was told that my ATT was issued the next day, and that I do have a permit issued to me. When I called Epp's to verify so I didn't make the drive up for nothing, they told me they had nothing there, then was told they would call me back in a half hour. I waited for the phone call and no one called back, so I had called them, then whomever answered got really rude. "Didn't you call this morning" really rude like and then told me that the CFO has "apparently" issued a few ATT's and Epp's hasn't received them. Then the person just told me they would have to request a re-issue, and that they would call me (yeah right) when the new one comes in and then they hung up.
    It sort of reminds me of one of my relatives, all nice and polite up till the time you feed them, and once the belly is full complete 180, turn's into a real d&#k. So i guess once they have your money, screw you. The sad thing is that i have bought all my firearms from Ellwood Epp's, I usually only deal with one person there, and always talk to that same person when i purchase my firearms. Their prices are the best around in Ontario, but they should realize, that now there are allot of firearm dealers in Canada (especially in BC) that can beat their prices, with firearms being shipped right to your door and without the rudness.

i've only ever purchased 1 firearm, and it was also from epps (couple months ago). transaction was smooth like butter though.

i had a similar problem with another dealer. ordered and paid for a firearm. when it came in they didnt call me. so when i checked and they told me it had been in for 2 weeks, i just asked politely for my money back. could have been a matter of not cross referencing deliveries with invoices, but it didnt matter to me. im a man of principle. i went and ordered the firearm from someone who had it in stock and it arrived a few days later. could have been an honest mistake. but it was an 1100 dollar honest mistake.
    point is, s*%$ happens. theres always someone else out there who wants your business and will work to get it. epps will make it right i have no doubt.

Don't get me wrong I love the place, i still plan on making more purchases there, but only if something can be done about the attitudes of some of the employees. Big deal, you work for Ellwood Epp's, doesn't give the right to treat (paying) customers like they are being a nuisance because they inquire about their purchases. I'm on disability from injury that I received at work many years ago, so hunting and shooting are the only sports that I can do that does not interfere with my injury. My income isn't the greatest, so when I make a large purchase (just over $700 for the CQ), which means i really had to save up, I don't want to be treated like garbage or like I'm being a pain in the ass.

Like Danastles said, Epp's will make it right, they just called and I can go up tomorrow to pick up my firearm. Explained what happened, and apologized several times.
    Now i really feel like an ass for my little rant.
    Forgive me, for I am a fool.

Nobody likes to feel like they've been had and getting a responce like you said from someone that works there can surely make your blood boil. When you spend money you expect a certain level of service ortherwise you shop elsewhere. I shopped at another store and everything seemed ok. They billed my card right away and got confirmation via e-mail that the transaction was started. Then nothing for three weeks. Called and then the bull started to flow. After 6 weeks I said enough is enough , cancelled my order and wanted my money back. Fine OK no problem. Had to get Visa involved and that was the only way I got my cash back. That place will never see a penny from me or a good word. Other buisness treated me with upmost quality of service and made me feel like money was well spent. Those buisnesses will get repeat sales from me. I've always heard good words about Epps and I hope this was an isolated incident.and the service guy was just having a ####ty day.

Yeah when Epp's called me back this evening they said that there was a problem with the email and faxes sent by the CFO, and mine was the only one that they were not able to retrieve, it is all there in the computers and stuff that I have my ATT, but no real paper trail, so they are going to call the CFO in the a.m. and have it re-faxed, but I was told I can head up and pick up my firearm. Believe me i know about customer service and I hate it, cause I know i am no good at it, I have a dirty mouth, always droppin the f-bomb, and I know I would be fired within minutes of doing it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    You kind of have to consider that your not the only customer they have things happen and people forget.. most companys will fix a problem right away but some will aways fall through the cracks. Between regerstring firearms transfering contacting people contacting the customers once in a while something is going to fall through. You know they might of had allot of people calling them after and could of got side tracked then forgot about it. No company is 100 percent perfect as soon as you throw a large number of orders or people asking questions people will forget..

We had a delay of several days' worth of ATTS from the Chief Firearms Office that has resulted in a backlog of firearms awaiting authorization and approval for release. We are working on this issue at this time, but with the sheer volume of ATTs that have FINALLY come in from the CFO's office, this may take a day or two to go through. Your continued patience is most appreciated. We all know how anxious new gun owners are to get their hands on new toys --- we're all in the same boat! Please be patient, and we will contact you as soon as we have your paperwork in-hand and ready to go.

In the mean time, you might want to contact the CFO's office and let them know how satisfied you are with this new E-mail program they are using to send ATTs instead of the old fax system that was far more reliable.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Barrieontariogunguy:

I also gotta chime in with my rant against Epps Store! They are fricking tempting bastages. Everytime I walk in with a shopping list of accessories, reloading components, or tools; I end up walking out WITH my list AND a new gun!

They are mean and nasty to take advantage of us IMPULSE buyers!

And yes, once you toss the CFO Orillia staff and the ATT process, everything becomes a crap shoot!

Cheers,
    Barney
    F orgiveness
    U nconditional Love
    C ompassion
    K indness

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast