Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: GSG 110 Round 10/22 Drum Mag

Revolted
    Quote Originally Posted by killer1963daddy View Post
    my appoligies for using the word "special" and thank you for helping me with my ignorance afliction. i should know by now there is always an exception to every rule, and the number of rimfire round allowed in a long gun is apearantly another example!
    however i read 110 round mags NOT 100/10 round mags, please correct me if i am wrong,(im sure you will) lol
    110 rnds. Meaning you can shoot 110 rnds...

Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    Will the ruger type speed loaders work on these? Gonna be hard on the fingers too load the hard way in the cold Ottawa Valley winter
    Dear Petrock,

From my understanding they will load like the GSG 522 mags. They wont work with a speed loader since you have to move a tab to load the drum. I would have to double check. I was told they load like the GSG 522 mags.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line View Post
    Dear Petrock,

From my understanding they will load like the GSG 522 mags. They wont work with a speed loader since you have to move a tab to load the drum. I would have to double check. I was told they load like the GSG 522 mags.
    Damn lol. Still better than what I was thinking (jamming cartridges through the lips while freezing my ass off).

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redddogg69 View Post
    The drum mags designed for the ruger 10/22 are unrestricted in capacity as per the law. The drum mags designed for the GSG 1911 must be pinned to 10 rounds as per the 10 round handgun restrictions.
    It kind of takes the fun out of it...

CGN Regular
    Nope they are welded so you cant change the heads on them and are only made to work in the 10/22 rifle and SR 22. We asked for them all to be welded so they cant change it between the other mags. The ones we ordered are made only for the Canadian market.

Best regards,
    Scott
    I'm wondering what makes them not able to be used in the Charger pistol? I'm not saying it's bad if they can be, just that it seems strange.
    Do they have a blocker of some sort in an area where they can't be inserted into the Charger? I thought the Charger takes the exact same mags as the 10/22 rifle?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer acrashb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
    I'm wondering what makes them not able to be used in the Charger pistol?
    It doesn't matter what they can be used in. I matters what they were designed and manufactured for. If a mag happens to fit and function in another gun - even another calibre - it doesn't matter.

Determining the design / manufacture intent is something the RCMP does. In the past, they have place significant value on markings - for example, the Beretta Storm rifle mags have to be pinned to 5, the handgun mags that fit the Storm are limited only to 10, and markings made the difference.
    "THINK" - Watson

My semi-famous progressive reloading video, and getting-there high-volume 223 video.

My less-famous "common questions and answers" page - pics and text. Primer crimp removal, case trimming, etc.

I bought a second 10/22 today and 6000rnds of ammo... all because of this thread and the anticipation of GSG 110rnd mags (the Full-Auto is a wish) :D

[youtube]LumsI-KbXnU[/youtube]

Works like a dream!

Revolted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
    I know the relevant law. Blue Line just makes it seem like there is some physical impossibility of using them in the Charger pistol.

I guess I got my answer, there isn't.

EDIT: In fact, he says they physically CAN'T, right here:

I'm confused.
    Ok The original design was going to have them be able to change the heads between the mags. Ie you can take an adapter and change what the mag will work with. They decided it was easier for them to just make a new mag. It was made for and tested only with the 10/22 and SR 22. If it happens to work with other models it wasn't made to do it since the feed angle ect was setup for the Ruger 10/22 and SR 22

Heres a link to GSG site
    http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout= blog&id=72&Itemid=109&lang=en

Best regards,
    Scott

CGN Regular
    How much for one of these beauties???

CGN Regular
    How much?

CGN Regular
    Ok The original design was going to have them be able to change the heads between the mags. Ie you can take an adapter and change what the mag will work with. They decided it was easier for them to just make a new mag. It was made for and tested only with the 10/22 and SR 22. If it happens to work with other models it wasn't made to do it since the feed angle ect was setup for the Ruger 10/22 and SR 22

Heres a link to GSG site
    http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout= blog&id=72&Itemid=109&lang=en

Best regards,
    Scott
    Apparently you deleted my post. Why?