Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi auto belt fed rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenIsAlie View Post
    they were saying they were going to get some 1919s in soon.... but that was quite a while ago
    They said they would have them quite a number of months ago. and the problem really gets going with the fact you cant just order one for yourself, the company that builds them deals directly with marstar. So unless you can ship them across the boarder yourself. You have to wait on marstar to get them, and theres been no word as to how long, or any date you can depend on. The firearms busness is certianly not a high gear busness.
    Rumor control! Here are the facts:
    -Disarming inocent people,
    doesn't protect inocent people.

-Criminals cannot be disarmed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You have missed the boat, buddy; you should have been around 3 or 4 years ago, back when there WERE a few semi-auto Brownings around. As far as anything else is concerned, they WILL be expensive. There were close to a million .30 Brownings made, making them one of the most common machine-guns.

BTW, what other gun is more "mainstream" than a BREN? They have served in 50 armies.

But you want belt-fed. Sorry to inform you, but STENs and BRENs are mag-fed.

As far as chewing them out of a block of steel, that's exactly how the things are made. Only difference is that they use mills and shapers, both of which take a lot of valuable time to set-up properly. There aren't any cast-plastic working parts in a real machine-gun.

And you'll have a lot less trouble with dotting "I"s and crossing "T"s eff yew larn two spel.

Next time a batch comes in (if ever), don't wait for the prices to go down. They won't.
    It's been 100 years since first delivery and there is STILL nothing that can beat a 1910 Ross!

"History is the sum total of human experience, to date." (Dr. Charles W. Lightbody, 1907 - 1970)

just saw this on the EE....good luck

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=641828

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Get in line. I keep asking and waiting for any info on more TNW MG34's but hear nothing.

Machine gun parts are currently a no-go for export from the USA right down. which is a shame because Im looking to buy a second m1919 and an M2.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    Machine gun parts are currently a no-go for export from the USA right now..
    Does this include M1919 "rifles" already classified as SEMI-AUTO ONLY that are for sale in the USA?

CGN Regular
    I bought the parts as a kit for $350 from a guy who brought it in from the US. I guess he gave up and just wanted his money back. It’s been a while since I've priced out a kit, but I bet they are still under $500. You will also need rivets and a sideplate. I purchased an 80% sideplate Ohio Rapid Fire for about another $120.00. I should have machined it myself caused it would have been cheaper and better quality. The ORF plate sucked! Rivets were something like another $30.00. In all cost was about $500, not including the accessories like tripod, belt loader etc.

One thing to be a where of, I gather the rules or a least the interpretation of the rules in the US have changed. You will now be unlikely to find 80% sideplates. Many vendors stopped selling them and the few available are now only 70% done, which require more machining.

In theory you could finish the sideplate with a drill press and a dermal tool, but I’d be willing to bet the quality would suck. The long and short of it is you or someone will need access and the skill to use a milling machine. Not all gun smiths can machine very well, a better bet would be to bring the parts one at a time to a machinist, and have him do it. Of course you will need a gun friendly machinist. I was fortunate, in that at the time I worked at a Hi-tech company who allowed me to use the machine shop. If they only knew what I had been making.  Unfortunately I’ve moved onto another company and no longer have access to a mill. 

You can check out http://www.1919a4.com/ for current information. Warning, the site used to be a real good source of info of semi 1919A4, but has become more political.

Registering was not a big deal, it just took forever. I called the RCMP's CFC to register the sideplate once everything but the holes where drilled. In other words, the outline, the groves, the S/N and denial island were all machined, and easily visible in a photo. That way as the plate was not completed; they would not be able to charge me with having an unregistered firearm. I don’t think that step was really needed, but when dealing with the CFC, I wanted to be very cautious. Once I had it the registered, I drilled the holes and revited the sideplate to finished the 1919a4.

One last thing, when I called the CFC I was careful NOT to mention the word “machine gun”. I simply mention a “semi auto 1919A4 based on the same deigned as the CFC approved 1919a4 already for sale in Canada by Marstar and others”. That phase was design to put the clerks at ease and to have them pass me on to the technical branch of the CFC, which would know the difference between a real machine gun and a semi-auto that just looked like one. The last thing you need is for the clerk to get the idea that you’re trying to pull a fast one and are making a machine gun, cause sure as hell that would complicate thing.

Anyway I hope that helps, good luck
    Mark

That would all be fine and dandy if you could get any of those parts out of the US legally anymore

Quote Originally Posted by smellie View Post
    You have missed the boat, buddy; you should have been around 3 or 4 years ago, back when there WERE a few semi-auto Brownings around. As far as anything else is concerned, they WILL be expensive. There were close to a million .30 Brownings made, making them one of the most common machine-guns.

BTW, what other gun is more "mainstream" than a BREN? They have served in 50 armies.

But you want belt-fed. Sorry to inform you, but STENs and BRENs are mag-fed.

As far as chewing them out of a block of steel, that's exactly how the things are made. Only difference is that they use mills and shapers, both of which take a lot of valuable time to set-up properly. There aren't any cast-plastic working parts in a real machine-gun.

And you'll have a lot less trouble with dotting "I"s and crossing "T"s eff yew larn two spel.

Next time a batch comes in (if ever), don't wait for the prices to go down. They won't.
    I'm aware brens ans stens are mag fed. I was only interested in them as deactivated wall mounts.

My spelling is not computer assisted as some people tend to prefur, so its not that bad considering half the mistakes are just my rotten typing skills at work.

Yep when the next set come in I'll be getting atleast one, but more likly two, one .30 one .50 .

Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    Machine gun parts are currently a no-go for export from the USA right down. which is a shame because Im looking to buy a second m1919 and an M2.
    Nice, I've never got any feed back from a 1919 owner, I've heard the MG-34 has a hell of a trigger pull, hows this one perform?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast