Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SW M&P .22 25 round mag issue

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Please contact jeff@northsylva.com to arrange to have your magazines modified.

Please be ready to provide the following information.

o Full Name

o Address

o Phone Number

o PAL

o Serial Number of their rifle

o Quantity of magazines to be sent in for modification

o Credit Card Number – There is a service charge of $10 + tax. The letter does say service is free, but that was an error on the RCMP's part.

Extra magazines are being made available @ $28.95 each

Thanks,
    So you got to pay for a mag that north silva sold as they are the only smith and wesson dealer in canda... to have it pinned..

Id take the letter and just throw it out then pin the mag my self or throw it away and if they come knocking to bad get a warrent.. or be a cfo officer not the rcmp..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    So north Sylva...

Your attitude towards this is to make a few bucks off of gun owner's backs for a mistake YOU made???
    Its not a mistake north silva did it was smith and wesson when they made a pistol and used the same mag and simply called it both a rifle and pistol mag.. I wouldn't pay to pin a mag all you need is a drill and a rivit gun or some glue or a welder.. it just has to be permant..

not so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Its not a mistake north silva did it was smith and wesson when they made a pistol and used the same mag and simply called it both a rifle and pistol mag.. I wouldn't pay to pin a mag all you need is a drill and a rivit gun or some glue or a welder.. it just has to be permant..
    ....then you will have to PROVE to them that it was done properly. You think they'll just take YOUR word for it? I've heard some say they were told to take it to a verifier! A mag for #### sakes!
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    why do you have to take a M&P22 mags to a verifier when you didn't for any other mags you had to pin like pistol, AR, M14 mags etc when bill C-17 came into law.

CGN frequent flyer BlaqueJacqueShallaque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    why do you have to take a M&P22 mags to a verifier when you didn't for any other mags you had to pin like pistol, AR, M14 mags etc when bill C-17 came into law.
    There is no logical reason for this.

The RCMP and CFC are making this up as they are going along. It's beyond ludicrous.

This being said..... do you really want someone to come to your house with a warrant? Or the police to come knock on your door because you didn't fulfil the conditions set out in the letter and they were given your name by the CFC? You willing to take that chance?

You can be right, and still end up in a big and unnecessary hassle. Logic and fairness have nothing to do with Canadian gun laws, or with the way the RCMP treats gun owners.
    Member: CSSA NFA CPC

I was told today to just take a picture of how I pinned it and email it in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    phucking amateur hour.... So if Ruger ever comes out with a 10/22 pistol which I think the Charger is then there would be 1000's of illegal mags out there.

Delete
    Last edited by leannejason; 03-02-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Well....apparently one of our Banner Sponsors (whom I respect BTW) sells an aftermarket---get this---50 round, that's FIFTY round, 5-0, drum magazine from Black Dog Industries. How this is legal and the original 25 rounders are not, I will never understand. I wonder if the bright lights at RCMP/CFC will put two and two together?

God help us all.
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA

CGN frequent flyer BlaqueJacqueShallaque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leannejason View Post
    Why would anyone want to buy a restricted m&p 22 rifle with mag restriction of 10 rounds now ?
    This rifle is now a complete waste of time and money !
    Meh. It's a s&itload of fun to shoot this rifle. It's accurate, feels good in the hand, and eats any ammo. None of my friends who tried it out failed to have a smile on their face when they were done.
    Member: CSSA NFA CPC