Any More affordable Open Hammer Coach Guns?

shaddp

Regular
I was just wondering if you have any coach guns in the $350-$700 range intended for the future? They have so much "cool" and "classic" factor but I can't justify spending $1000+ on one.

Thanks!

Freedom, you may want to check the date on posts such as this. You're about 6 months late... .:D

Also Marstar has been sold out on the Norincos for a couple of years now. Or at least add a note saying if efforts are being made to resupply or not.

Why can't you just take some crappy $200 double barrel and just saw it off?

Or would that just make too much sense...

You can't just cut down a double barrel. The barrels need to be regulated properly so they at least have a CLOSE common point of impact or the gun is useless. If it's regulated at 28 inches it will be shooting horribly crosseyed if cut down to 20.

You can do it with a single, but not a double.

You can't just cut down a double barrel. The barrels need to be regulated properly so they at least have a CLOSE common point of impact or the gun is useless. If it's regulated at 28 inches it will be shooting horribly crosseyed if cut down to 20.

You can do it with a single, but not a double.

Also, that would be quite illegal. The gun has to come from the factory with a shortened barrel. Modifications that decrease the barrel length below the magic number (around 18.5 inches, I believe) or decrease the overall length of the gun past a certain point after it has come from the factory, would render the gun prohibited.

Also, that would be quite illegal. The gun has to come from the factory with a shortened barrel. Modifications that decrease the barrel length below the magic number (around 18.5 inches, I believe) or decrease the overall length of the gun past a certain point after it has come from the factory, would render the gun prohibited.

Cutting it down to 20" still would be over 26" OAL

I never said anything about cutting it down below legality...

How severe would this crosseyed shooting be exactly, with a cut down barrel? At what distance would you be completely missing the target?

I am assuming a short barreled shotgun is meant for close encounters anyway...

I never said anything about cutting it down below legality...

How severe would this crosseyed shooting be exactly, with a cut down barrel? At what distance would you be completely missing the target?

I am assuming a short barreled shotgun is meant for close encounters anyway...

If you're shooting shot, you'll likely never tell the difference. Slugs however, forget about any form of accurate shooting unless really close.

My dad has a coachgun in .410. Absolutely useless with slugs. The slugs cross their line of sight at only 10-15 yards out.

I doubt these inexpensive coach guns would be any more accurate than a cut down longer barreled gun.

.410 slug...

Just curious Woodsman, what would you be shooting with a slug from a .410, anyway? Don't know about all jurisdictions but where I grew up any slug under 28 ga, was illegal.

Dave

I meant 20ga.

Last edited:
Just curious Woodsman, what would you be shooting with a slug from a .410, anyway? Don't know about all jurisdictions but where I grew up any slug under 28 ga, was illegal.

Good for yotes and such at fairly close ranges :)
I still have some slugs for my old 410 i sold to a buddy's kid. They were fun to play with.

Back
Top Bottom