Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M305 flash hider welded on?

Were (or are) you able to order that break? If so, where? I'm interested myself, but was under the impression due to ITAR import rules smith enterprises wouldn't send one up here. I'd be happy to find out differently!

Though it not listed on there Web i gave ATRS a call and they had it to me in a week. Smith Ent had them listed as a Canadian Distributor.

I am extremely happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fatstacks View Post
    Were (or are) you able to order that break? If so, where? I'm interested myself, but was under the impression due to ITAR import rules smith enterprises wouldn't send one up here. I'd be happy to find out differently!

CGN frequent flyer
    I thought my poly M305 wasn't till I finally beat her off the rifle. looks like they drilled holes in the FH then welded her, then refinished her. 2 nice little welded spots, took quite a beating to remove. Didn't get mine from marstar, got it second hand.

Added the pics of them

Last edited by Stray03; 10-15-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrdog View Post
    Though it not listed on there Web i gave ATRS a call and they had it to me in a week. Smith Ent had them listed as a Canadian Distributor.

I am extremely happy with it
    Thanks, I just sent them an email. I appreciate the info.

How much is ATRS charging for the brake?

CGN frequent flyer
    Mine is an 'early' (autumn 2003) Marstar 305, and the flash hider had two small dots from the spot welds, or is the correct term "tack welds"?
    Anyway I followed instructions found on stickies, hammered it off, and have had no problems. My reason for removal is cleaning. I find a lot of sludge gets packed in that area and cleaning, while a bit more work, is now more complete.

BANNED
    I removed 4 flashiders this weekend with no damage to any of them.I used Hungrys barrel vise , a brass punch and a steel punch and a BFH (Big Freakin Hammer)

Undue the allen screw for the castle nut and after securing the receiver in place .

Loosen the castle nut off until it contacts the front in the space provided for it .

Place the punch on the back of the bayo lug or the metal block on the opposite side as the sights .

Then put down your purse and hit it like you mean it .

Watch for the flashider moving towards the muzzle and when it does undue the castle nut a bit more and hit it again.

Repeat this process until the flashhider comes off .

Some people in the past have drilled out the two spot welds before doing this but I have never had to do that yet and all the flashiders I took off were not damaged at all.

Mine from the new batch is welded too.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12