Mossberg MVP

Well, mossberg must have a listed company Price / MSRP as they are already selling them in the USA. Not too hard to imagine a ballpark figure. It's not like anyone in Canada has any experience coming up with a CANADIAN price, for when an item, available in the USA for a while, suddenly becomes available up here. Other than Cooey/CIL/Lakefield etc, all retailers have "come up with" a price for Canada sales of U.S. stuff.
I think he's just asking for what the dealer estimates he'll be offering them for, based on his experience of all his other products. They are all currently for sale down south too, and he has a canadian price on those. Just use his standard markup , plus average costs to him for importing them. I'd sure like to get an idea of how much they are going for. ( Help's me narrow down what is gonna get sold that will equal the price of one!!!!)

You want them to guess the price of an item available 12 months from now?? Seriously?

North Sylva's post was in late September of 2011. Early next year would be far less than (12) months time, don't you think?

Good looking gun. What is the max magazine size for these? It a bolt-action, so it's kind of like a pump shotty where you could hypothetically fit a lot more than ten rounds (I'm thinking mini shells in a gun with a big tube). But the fact that it uses AR mags leads me to believe they will have to be pinned to ten.

Go to jail? it's good to see em cracking down than because I witnessed two guys get busted up Sylvester last year with unpinned mags and all that happend was their two mags being taken away...

I am in no way trying to justify doing this as I follow every law, but to say jail time will result from it is a bit much

Not unless you want to go to jail. They are still designed for the AR, even if you are using it in a bolt action.

That sucks. But do you see what I mean when I wonder if this is a grey area?

I'm just thinking of a reverse scenario. Imagine a bolt gun that took proprietary magazines that held 20. This would be perfectly legal just like a pump shotgun can hold more than 5. But then imagine that a semi entered the market that could accept those mags. Would all mags thereafter have to be pinned? I'm sure this has been discussed here before but I'm just wondering. Thanks.

That sucks. But do you see what I mean when I wonder if this is a grey area?

I'm just thinking of a reverse scenario. Imagine a bolt gun that took proprietary magazines that held 20. This would be perfectly legal just like a pump shotgun can hold more than 5. But then imagine that a semi entered the market that could accept those mags. Would all mags thereafter have to be pinned? I'm sure this has been discussed here before but I'm just wondering. Thanks.

I think that scenario they wouldn't have to be. But the problem is Mossberg openly says the MVP uses AR-15 magazines. If they would not have said that then the mag limit for "Mossberg MVP Magazines" would be unlimited.

Back
Top Bottom