Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MPOD FTR Bipod - CONGRATS NIK TAYLOR, NEW WORLD CHAMP, TEAM BNX AND INTL SHOOTERS

Supporting Dealer

MPOD FTR Bipod - CONGRATS NIK TAYLOR, NEW WORLD CHAMP, TEAM BNX AND INTL SHOOTERS

CONGRATS TO US SHOOTER NIK TAYLOR FOR BECOMING THE NEW INDIVIDUAL WORLD CHAMPION 2013

TEAM BNX/ CENTURY 21 FOR TAKING SILVER AT THE RUTLAND TEAM MATCH AT THE WORLDS.

All the International Shooters who chose to use the MPOD at the US Nationals and World Championships

Australia

Great Britain

Italy

Ireland

USA

CANADA

CONGRATS to Chris O of the US National F TR team for setting a new 300yds NRA US National record with a score of 150-12X (Police Class) on May 11th, 2013 at the Albany, NY match

New sizing for 3" and 1 5/8" forends are now available. Will now fit wider and sporter forends.

Another exciting announcement - the MPOD now has a UK dealer. Fox Firearms. Second order is onroute now.

Interest from other parts of the world with pods heading out asap.

Thanks to all that have decided to give the MPOD a try

[youtube]mLAU_Bc5Wdw[/youtube]

Product Video

[youtube]vgJaHnYYhv8[/youtube]

Assembly Video

At lowest setting, 4 1/2" to mounting lug. The pod will accomodate any forend 2 1/2" wide.

At full elevation, 7 3/4"" to mounting lug. Footprint increasing to 17 3/4" offering increased stability the taller the pod is raised.

A 4" difference in leg height, and the pod is still stable.

Easy to store and transport. I put my MPOD in my rifle case under my rifle.

HERE YOU GO - ALL FINISHED

INSTALLED WEIGHT IS 12.8ozs. Yes, that makes the MPOD the lightest F class suitable bipod. Less then a Harris S bipod (6 - 9" 13.8ozs). Will easily support a 50lbs rifle. Tracks great on a 338LM for accurate fire out to beyond a mile.

PRICING IS ONLY $200 PLUS SHIP AND TAX.

New 3" wide spacing for wide forends and 1 5/8" spacing for sporter forends is now in the works. Will have similar cut outs as the standard MPOD. The one pictured is a custom unit for a customer

MOUNTING OPTIONS:

Swivel stud adaptor - will need two mounting holes in stock. $20 with purchase of pod

Pic rail adaptor $20 with purchase of pod.

REMPLE Adaptor now available.

T slot mounting Set up for 2 1/2" wide forends. We can produce to fit 3" and wider forends

Bipod design goals;

Easy to operate with large range of movements to account for varied terrain.
    Easy to install and remove
    Solid with great repeatability and accuracy potential. Stability increasing with increased pod height which is opposite to a number of designs.
    Keep finished weight as low as possible
    Easy to store and transport. The pod will store flat and I leave it in my rifle case. Way easier then most ski pods.

Keep Price BELOW competitor products.

We have certainly met and exceeded all of our design goals. The range of movement covers a huge range of terrain.

The pod is easily removed by loosening the central knob with 1/2 twist and sliding off the rail. When clamped, it is fixed and will not move during recoil.

As to the accuracy potential, we will let the videos speak for themself.

[youtube]zIz50hQPyOY&feature=related[/youtube]

Shooting at 300m

[youtube]thRme9N_ofY&feature=related[/youtube]

Shooting at 500m

[youtube]SrhB29UIpJ4&feature=related[/youtube]

Shooting at 500m

INSTALLED WEIGHT IS UNDER 13ozs . Yes, that makes the MPOD the lightest F class suitable bipod. Less then a Harris S bipod. More weight for barrels, scopes and stocks.

PRICING IS ONLY $225 PLUS SHIP AND TAX.
    Last edited by Mystic Precision; 10-02-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

I almost fell asleep while waiting for the shots to be fired.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Supporting Dealer
    The first batch will be a metallic Red similar to pictured.

But you can have a custom paint job if desired. I am still working on the costing but $50 to 75 was tossed around. There are tons of colour options but the set up for a 1 off for powder coating does add costs.

Let me know...

Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    The POD is set up for 2 1/2" forends but can easily be made to fit 3" forends.

Installation of a T slot rail depends on the type of stock you want to mount to. Laminated or solid wood stocks are the easiest. next up would be the stocks with internal alloy chassis assuming they fill the forend.

Fiberglass with foam cores will need additional pillars for strength. Factory plastic stocks with hollow forends will need to be built up internally or there would be nothing for the rail to mount to.

So it really depends....

Let me know...

Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    We have played with a variety of ways to put the pod on a pic rail and feel we have a viable solution.

Simple to use and install.

The first batch has been held up in powder coating but hoping to have it all done in the new week or so. Those that have shown interest in the first batch will be contacted shortly.

Those interested in a pod on our next batch, please send me a pm or email. We expect the next run to be far quicker as many of the production bugs have been resolved. Powder coating will be a really nice durable and attractive finish and we are excited about seeing the final product.

If you would prefer to have a matte black colour, we can duracoat the pod for you in a very nice matte black. We can also look at other EARTH colours if there is enough interest.

More pics to follow.

The mounting T slot lug has been modified to fit a wide range of stock rails. From our testing, most factory installed rails can fit this pod without issue. There are the rare rail which are proprietory that may pose a problem but we can easily custom manf something to fit.

The next batch of pods will have a wider spacing of 2 5/8" to 2 3/4". Some aftermarket stocks are on the wide side of 2 1/2" so we are making the pods wider to accomodate. If there is enough interest, we will make a pod with 3" or wider spacing.

We are also working on a sporter width pod and an adaptor for the swivel stud - actually that will be removed and the adaptor replace for a far stronger platform. All this will likely be prototyped early next year.

Remple pod adaptor is also in the works. This will allow you to mount this pod to the existing plate and drop your rifle weight by about 3lbs.

Jerry
    Last edited by Mystic Precision; 01-19-2012 at 09:17 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter ----/'s Avatar
    Hi Jerry,
    Hope to see your swivel stud version soon.
    I like your design as it is simple yet very effective. I would like to make this my boomer's bipod in desert sand.
    Have you tried dura coating the lower legs? I think it would look great when coated all one color. Not that the red and aluminum look bad.
    Completed the HST level 1 & 2 pistol operator courses.

For those who will ask "How far is too far?"
    - The answer: "When the barrel obstructs the view through your scope, that's too far."
    ~Jerry Teo

Supporting Dealer
    This batch will be powder coated red with black 'inners'. The next batch will be all matte duracoat as that is what shooters in the tactical/hunting arena want.

I can also supply bead blasted in the 'white' so that you can apply any finish you want. I think that might be the best solution as you never seem to get the colour right :-)

For shooting on sand, I would suggest getting a hunk of plywood with carpet on top. We shoot in sandy soil sometimes and trying to make feet not sink is a pain.

the plywood solution works really well as it sinks into the sand and wedges so it doesn't move and doesn't sink. Now the pod is shooting on a level flat solid surface and the carpet makes recoil utterly repeatable.

We are shooting sub MOA out to a mile with this set up.

Send me a pm or email to confirm your order. What type of stock are you using?

Jerry

Supporting Dealer

Out of the powder coaters and assembled. 14.5ozs as pictured.

Installed on my Savage FTR rig.

Will be contacting those that have placed preorders for the red pods shortly. Next batch will have a wider spacing on the forend and be matte black.

Remple pod and swivel stud adaptor are in the works.

Jerry

Man, those look nice. Can't wait to see one in Matte black... I may have to consider one :P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter ----/'s Avatar
    Hi Jerry,
    I am running a Manners T4-A. I only have one swivel stud up front.

I will have to put off ordering one until after my wedding in mid February.

If I can, I would like to try and work it out to have you send it to Murdoch to have him Armacoat it and then ship to me.
    Completed the HST level 1 & 2 pistol operator courses.

For those who will ask "How far is too far?"
    - The answer: "When the barrel obstructs the view through your scope, that's too far."
    ~Jerry Teo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast