Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Timney Trigger Savage Axis .223??

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by pig boots View Post
    do they make one for the edge
    Edge/Axis is the same gun...they just had to do a name change.

I agree with nate18. I did my own, just cut down the original spring and did buff the parts a bit with a dremel and polishing wheel. Nice trigger now, super easy. Easily shoot under .5 inch and even down to .228 inch (these are handloads). I would not spend money on an expensive trigger for a cheap gun when it is probably just as easy to mod the original than to install the new one.

well some people cant do the things you just named there plus this is a pretty good rifle. may not shoot like a 3000$ rifle but it groups well with a 6.5 lb trigger so this would only make it better.

i would take this gun over a 800$ r700 anytime.

I have a $15 dremel from canadian tire. Pair of side cutters most people have and if not are only a few bucks. This was the first trigger I have ever attempted to modify. I was flying blind with no experience, just read a few tips online. It is very easy. Look how the trigger fits together, Pull one pin, cut a little bit of the spring, put it back in and test it. Repeat until You are satisfied, don't cut too much that it takes ension off the trigger. Almost anyone that can pull the stock off the rifle can do this mod. Its very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Euro View Post
    Hi

Can you guys get me a Timney Trigger Savage Axis .223

I see you sell them for the Ruger 10-22 and was hoping you could get one. Willing to pay upfront if needed.

Thanks
    Rifle basix triggers are sweet as well on the savage
    "Gun control isn't about protecting the citizens from guns, it's about protecting the government from citizens with guns"

Damn

"Operational Range: 14oz.-3.0lbs."

Do they ship to Canada? its a USA location

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nate18 View Post
    its so disgustingly easy to do your own trigger job on this gun. i did one on mine and it only took me 15 minutes. its seriously idiot proof. take a look at some videos on you tube. all you need is a + screw driver and some wire cutters. if you want to get fancy you might want to get a buffing wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comil_1983 View Post
    I agree with nate18. I did my own, just cut down the original spring and did buff the parts a bit with a dremel and polishing wheel. Nice trigger now, super easy. Easily shoot under .5 inch and even down to .228 inch (these are handloads). I would not spend money on an expensive trigger for a cheap gun when it is probably just as easy to mod the original than to install the new one.
    Links to the mod? Or just how short did you cut the spring?

I believe I took off about one and a half to two coils from the spring. I did this in half coil increments and testing after cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Comil_1983 View Post
    I believe I took off about one and a half to two coils from the spring. I did this in half coil increments and testing after cut.
    Very easy mod to do on this rifle. Just watch a video on youtube.. very self explanatory.

Regards,
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

And it works quite nicely. Took a 9+ lb trigger pull down to 4.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast