Thread: Mauser M48 from Frontier

Mauser M48 from Frontier

Thanks for all the replies. Everybody should check return policies,I didn't,and needless to say its costly to return and not worth the trouble. Also just asked if anyone had any issues with Frontier,most didn't and thats great. I did,if that makes me a troll well I guess I'm a troll. I also really don't think the number of times someone post is relevant to anything. Again I didn't post to offend anyone just pass on my experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Another one of these......how much did shipping cost to get it to your home??
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

Talk with Frontier, they may work something out with you for shipping.

If you don't try, you'll never know.
    Get Psyched !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pblatzz's Avatar
    Did you look at the return policies or contact them with your original concern???

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=655837

I`m thinking of getting one of these unissued rifles.
    Last edited by y2k; 10-10-2011 at 06:02 AM.
    I hate Bead front sights !

I bought one about a month ago and when I receieved it it wasnt in "new" condition, but I could believe that it was unissued. From what I have heard the Yugo government would take these rifles out of storage every five or so years to be tested, cleaned and recosmolined. My guess is during those times or during the transport process a bunch of dings occurred in the wood. The internals are fantastic on my rifle, just externally a few dings here and there, but stilll a pretty and effective rifle:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=654517
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

Great, thats the posts i was looking for. Like I Said I'm not looking to trash anybody,as a matter of fact i've dealt with three other sponsers and have no complaints, bought four rifles and ammo. and no problems. Just want what is described. So Anyway off to shoot ducks!!!!! Smrck

yugo 48

Quote Originally Posted by y2k View Post
    I`m thinking of getting one of these unissued rifles.
    theres lots of mausers under 500.00 i kinda got fooled really its up to u but i only bought because it was new and unissued. found out later there was different definitions of new and I was a "troll" whatever that means.
    ine had deep gouges in the rings,handguard was split and bluing was faded in alot of areas.Don"t think its worth alot(bought mine for different deer rifle and possibly moose)Not worth it to return and it most likly will be an ok rifle!!!
    As i said before no intention to trash anybody just sharing an experience!!(if u missed just a lack of powder) : )

New versus Unissued

I bought a Polish issue Mosin nagant about 10 years ago.
    I wont say who the dealer was.
    But he did print a retraction on his website that said he could not say these rifles were "unissued' due to the same circumstances that they were taken out of stock every few years and "tested".
    I guess it was the armouries way of doing thier quality control.
    I did not care as I received a hand picked rifle that was mint.

Just my 2 cents.