rapid fire range rule?

ryan1710

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello,

Was wondering if I'm allowed to rapid fire the 9mm pistol? Not a blind newbie style rapid fire, I'm talking about IPSC'ish rapid fire.

Thanks!

OH forgot to ask, how much is your Glock17 Gen4 and S&W M&P 9 now?

No rule for sure. They actually encourage shooting guns the way they were intended.

Ranges that limit rounds/min are lame.

Just be safe and you are fine.

None of the ranges at which I shoot have rules against rapid fire. There are also no rules to protect you from squirrely looks from the old guys if you do.

Safety, number one, of course.

Number two, the courtesy thing is key. You may not feel like 'asking' but atleast giving a heads up, especially if an indoor range, is always nice.

The range should encourage this, more ammo less time in the bay = great business (increased ammo sales), plus the fun factor increases. All good for everyone.

Wont you be shooting multiple targets. Two shots on each.
Dumping 10 rounds is what it is.

Check with the club

I think he just means opening up with his ten round clip on one target. I will assume that he doesn't have his black badge or anything of that sort or he wouldn't be asking these questions.

Like everyone else said just be safe at all times and let ppl know if they are trying to do some precision shooting as it may throw them off. Lol

P.S. Hey Kevin. ;)

There's something very satisfying about holding a nine in each hand, blasting away at full tilt, and counting twenty holes in the target.

While we do allow rapid (controlled) fire, we do not allow one shooter to shoot with a firearm in EACH hand.

JR

Okay. I do not object to the rule but I'm curious about why? :confused:

BTW, only did it twice.

As we teach that you "control" (hold) the firearm with one hand and use the other to utilize the manipulates (safety and slide), this is impossible if you are trying to use two firearms at once.

So, I will ask you now, to please not repeat your past activities. ;)

JR

we do not allow one shooter to shoot with a firearm in EACH hand.

JR

What happens if that is what your discipline requires? I am moving up to SASS Gunfighter category, which is a single action revolver in each hand. Granted it is not "fast" like the OP is suggesting. Each shot of course must be aimed as each miss is a 5 second penalty. Is Cowboy Action not big in Alberta perhaps?

What happens if that is what your discipline requires? I am moving up to SASS Gunfighter category, which is a single action revolver in each hand. Granted it is not "fast" like the OP is suggesting. Each shot of course must be aimed as each miss is a 5 second penalty. Is Cowboy Action not big in Alberta perhaps?

That's a little different...........

I think what the original poster was discussing is "gangsta shootin"

JR

That's a little different...........

I think what the original poster was discussing is "gangsta shootin"

JR

Yes, you are quite correct. There is no place at any range for "gangsta shootin", they should keep that at Jane and Finch where it belongs.

Back
Top Bottom