CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

I havnt got out too shoot yet. But cycling with dummy rounds it works great! The machinist made up a second one in the same time as the one I have. But then just finished the one. The other is about 80% done. I will post after I go shoot. I'd post some pictures but there's always an error when I try.

Definitely post up pics of it if you can, i'm sure curious how he did the bolt hold open. I can't see an easy way to do it without making a new bolt hold open device that goes inside of the adapter somehow.

He didn't have to make a new bolt hold open. All he did was the Magwell. Just took the dimensions from the plastic csa adapter and it from aluminum

It's not my intention to start selling these. If it were I definitely would put it through a beating to see how it holds up. It's just something I've been working on and thought those like me with the vz in .223 would be interested in.

image.jpgWent to the pit on Saturday and fired 140 rounds through without any issues at all. Everything works as its supost too. I'm very happy with the turnout of the adapter!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Thanks! And same with me. I became obsessed with having an aluminum one. Takes to the machinist that does work for my boss and he came up with this. It's two pieces about 3/8" thick machined out and then pin and wielded together. It came out great! Works flawlessly I just stole the parts from the csa adapter fine fitted everything and it works great! Although it wasn't cheap! Lol but I'm happy!

Battleworn, looks like you have done a good job there.

Just for the record we have approx 20 of the Aluminium B&T CZ 858 mag well adapter left in stock and have no plans to reorder when they have sold out. The do require some machining to the gun but this does not stop you from using the original mags if you remove the adapter. They are on our web page, just search for CZ 858.

Battleworn, looks like you have done a good job there.

Just for the record we have approx 20 of the Aluminium B&T CZ 858 mag well adapter left in stock and have no plans to reorder when they have sold out. The do require some machining to the gun but this does not stop you from using the original mags if you remove the adapter. They are on our web page, just search for CZ 858.

If we ship our 858 to you do you still fit the mag well adapters? If so how much does it currently cost for the gunsmithing?

Last edited:
We have just received our first shipment of the long overdue CSA Polymer mag well adapters. Price $85.00. Our first impressions are mixed, I thought they were better than I expected. They include a modified bolt release catch that should hold the bolt open after the last rd is fired. I have concerns that if a mag is rammed in hard when the bolt is locked back the polymer retaining lips may be broken, only time will tell. I have concerns that the bolt hold open catch will have enough spring power to eject an empty mag, again time will tell. These adapters appear flimsy but these are my first impressions only. On all the early guns the front of the mag well on the rifle will need to be machined to allow full insertion of the magazine.

I do not see any reason why these mag well adapters will not work in an CZ 858 but extra machining will be required at the rear of the rifle mag well in addition to what has to be removed from the front. On the rifle I looked at the bolt release catch would also require some additional fitting.

We have had to wait so long for these CSA adapters that we have already taken the initiative and commissioned Brugger & Thomet to manufacture their own Mag Well adapter, the B&T adapter is unique to them and they are machined from Aluminum. Hopefully we will see them before Christmas. These have been designed to be used in the 7.62x39 CZ 858 using the 10 rd XCR Pistol magazine. There is no bolt catch when using these, but then the AK47 never had a bolt catch. We see no reason why this should not work in the CSA rifles in .223 using the AR15 mags. We have plenty of 10 rd mags in stock, in both calibers, price $29.95. We do know that the adapter will require a small amount of metal to be machined out of the front of the magazine well in the rifle, we are hoping that this a DIY job, but no details at this time. After this material is removed it will not stop you from using the original mags when the mag well adapter is removed and the original mag catch and bolt release is reinstalled. We anticipate the retail to be $185.00.

MagwellFAI006.jpg

Brugger & Thomet - CZ 858 Magwell adapter.

We will post more information as it becomes available.

Hi John -- I checked your website for $85 polymer magwell adapters, but all i see is $170!

Are there any $85 magwell adapters left?

Back
Top Bottom