Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We have fitted the first B&T Mag Well Adapter and pleased to report she works well. We will shortly be offering new CZ 858 rifles that have been machined to accept the adapter. The machining cost will be $50 and the adapters $185. We have plenty of 10 rd XCR pistol mags that will work in these adapters, both caliber .223 or 7.62x39. Magazines are $29.95.

We are now shipping back orders and have plenty in stock.
    Hi John:

Does the price of machining and the B&T adapter also hold for the early CSA rifles in .223?

If yes, do we just send the rifle to you or we wait for notification (waiting in line)?

Thanks
    "Because we, in contrast to the barbarians, never count the number of enemy in battle" Aeschylus 475 BC

CGN frequent flyer
    What make are the XCR pistol magazines? ASC?

Quote Originally Posted by diemaco View Post
    What make are the XCR pistol magazines? ASC?
    Correct.

Once I am working again, this will definately be the first upgrade my CZ gets. Thanks for all the hard work in getting this done.

Matt

Sorry if I am just being stupid but in the picture of the required modifications, what part of the rifle is the first(top) figure depicting?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" - Thomas Jefferson
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin
    Proud Member of the the CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavenIsAlie's Avatar
    oh awesome, now to decide on what barrel length i want...
    Protect yourself because no one else here will save you

Hmm... adapter that holds the bolt open, but is made of plastic that could well break vs. the aluminum one that is clearly more robust, but has no hold open... DAMMIT I WANT MY CAKE AND I WANNA EAT IT TOO!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Hmm... adapter that holds the bolt open, but is made of plastic that could well break vs. the aluminum one that is clearly more robust, but has no hold open...

The last shot hold open makes a very big difference if you plan on reloading your rifle with stripper clips. Something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    The last shot hold open makes a very big difference if you plan on reloading your rifle with stripper clips. Something to consider.
    The need to reload with stripper clips is less when you can use 10 rd mags. The bolt hold open on last shot is, I agree, a good feature but of less importance with a 10 rd mag. I never found the lack of a bolt hold open a handicap when using an AK47 with 30 rd mags. At least with this mag adapter the bolt catch is not removed, it simply has to be engaged by hand so at least you can manualy lock the bolt open to show your gun is clear.

CZ 858 Mag Well adapter: In order to use this adapter with the CZ 858 rifle some machining has to be carried out to the rifle receiver. This allows the use of any AR 15 type magazines in 7.62 x 39. We recommend the use of the 10 rd XCR pistol mag. Some magazines may require the front corners to be slightly trimmed, this in no way affects the operation of the magazine. The machining to the firearm does not stop you from removing the adapter re-installing the original mag catch and then using the original magazines.

The cost of machining a receiver is $50. We will have new rifles available that have been machined for a $50 charge on the price plus the cost of the adapter at $185.00.

Those of you that already own rifles can ship your firearms to us to have the machining carried out. Charge will be $50 plus return shipping and tax. Please note the following:

Ship the firearm with no magazines, optics or any other accessories to Wolverine Supplies.
    Include a clear copy of your full name, address, phone #, e-mail, PAL # and copy of the firearm certificate #.
    Include details of method of payment
    You will need to allow at least three weeks for us to complete the work as we will be doing this in small batches in order to keep the cost down.

Fitting to CSA firearms, in theory the B&T adapter should work on these but we have to conclude our T&E as there appear to be some minor differences in the receiver dimensions. Will report here on developments ASAP.