Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

Sponsoring Dealer
    I will bring these photos the Wolfgang's attention.

Please call the store at your earliest convenience and Wolfgang should be able to help clarify this issue.

Thank you for you patience.

Ok, I've filed it down a little bit and now magazine holds, but rounds are not feeding properly, they are not lifting up enough to get in to the chamber. Wolfgang is investigating this issue.

I got my magwell adapter today,the 10 rd xcr 7.62x39 mag has no problem, but 223 lar mag falls when inserted.The above pic shows the difference between the two mags.The one on the left is the lar and on the right is the xcr.The xcr mag has a metal protrusion above the hole which prevent it from falling off the magwell.

Unfortunately, seems like a design flaw. Along with feeding problem. Too bad since .223 CSA doesn't require any machining I think those shouldn't be listed for two platforms but for 7.62 only.

Quote Originally Posted by id64 View Post
    Unfortunately, seems like a design flaw. Along with feeding problem. Too bad since .223 CSA doesn't require any machining I think those shouldn't be listed for two platforms but for 7.62 only.
    I don't know how the xcr mag will hold in the long run.

I have fitted a B&T magwell adapter to a CSA .223 carbine and have come to the conclusion that at this time, until further research, the adapter should not be used on the .223 CSA Carbines. The cartridges are not presented correctly and when stripped from the magazine by the bolt/carrier hit the chamber face instead of being guided into the chamber. The feed ramp would have to be build up to afford enough lift for proper guidance.
    Wolfgang.
    General Manager.
    Wolverine Supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermeister View Post
    I have fitted a B&T magwell adapter to a CSA .223 carbine and have come to the conclusion that at this time, until further research, the adapter should not be used on the .223 CSA Carbines. The cartridges are not presented correctly and when stripped from the magazine by the bolt/carrier hit the chamber face instead of being guided into the chamber. The feed ramp would have to be build up to afford enough lift for proper guidance.
    Wolfgang.
    General Manager.
    Wolverine Supplies.
    Yep, unfortunately that's the case. While magazine latch issue can be fixed easily I don't see easy solution for a building up a feed ramp to incorporate to existing design.

I guess, the solution for .223 folks will be a second gen CSA adapter - first one is a flimsy garbage. My second one is falling apart already and this is mainly from playing with it and now actually shooting at the range.

Do you have CSA second gen in stock by any chance?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermeister View Post
    Wolfgang.
    General Manager.
    Wolverine Supplies.
    How about for the 7.62,does it have the same problem? I don't want to do any modes to the rifle that I will regret later.Thanks

5 rounds 10 rounds whats it matter when we all need it we will just drill the damned pin out anyways ... with this law in place we will just learn how to reload faster.

So does someone want to post a video of this thing in action?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" - Thomas Jefferson
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin
    Proud Member of the the CPC