Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Milsparro View Post
    Is there going to be pre-order on the B&T adapter?
    Yes we will take orders but they will be definite orders only. We will require payment details and when they arrive we will simply charge your CC and ship. The B&T adapter is designed to work with the 7.62x39 CZ 858, the rifle will require some machining. I see no reason why they will not work with the CSA guns in both 7.62x39 and .223, it remains to be seen what work (if any) will be required to fit them to these guns.

CGN frequent flyer
    No offense to your effort, but aren't the smaller CSA guns classified as pistols? Wouldn't it be easier to develop a pistol magazine that would fit in the longer CSA riffles similar to how the LAR15 fits in larger rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobc View Post
    No offense to your effort, but aren't the smaller CSA guns classified as pistols? Wouldn't it be easier to develop a pistol magazine that would fit in the longer CSA riffles similar to how the LAR15 fits in larger rifles?
    This is a real “Can of Worms” we are moving into. The CFC classes are Prohib, Restricted and non restricted. “Short” guns do not automatically become pistols. We tried to get 10 Rd mags approved for the TP9 and despite having the best support possible from Brugger & Thomett I was forced to give up on that attempt. Although I was personally responsible for having CSA build their Carbine, Compact and Magwell adapter I am no longer directly involved with them. It would be up to someone else to have them develop a “Ten Rd Pistol Magazine” I wish them good luck, there are a lot of pitfalls that the unwary and ignorant can fall in to. I chose to use existing approved ten rd pistol mags to avoid those pitfalls and hence the Magwell adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobc View Post
    Think the CSA "shorties" are still rifles, not pistols. Additionally, developing mags can be very expensive.

CGN frequent flyer
    That's a shame. But the biggest shame of all is our stupid laws. Thanks for your efforts. I guess the magwells adapters are our best bet.

we should lobby to have the mag restrictions removed on the next crime bill. Slip it in under the radar
    Glock 19 | Ruger Gunsite | Benelli Supernova

CGN frequent flyer
    Oh we will. Once C19 passes, I'll begin the letter writing and a few donations.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    A pump action rifle, that take 30rd magazines remarkably similar to the vz58, would be even better than a vz58 pistol
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Will the VZ58 7.62x39mm rifles that have been machined to accept the adaptor still be able to use original magazines with the adaptor removed and they're original mag catch/release re-installed?

[QUOTE=diananike;6383815]Will the VZ58 7.62x39mm rifles that have been machined to accept the adaptor still be able to use original magazines with the adaptor removed and they're original mag catch/release re-installed?[/QUOTE

The answer to your questinis a yes with the CZ 858 rifles and an unconfirmed yes with the CSA products. As soon as the B&T adapter is here we will try it in a CSA rifle and report back.