Thread: yugo m 48 bo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar

yugo m 48 bo.

i just got my mauser last week and it is the prettiest rifle i have ever seen. this rifle is perfect. i cant explain how happy i am that its here. it took only 4 days to cross the country. its shoots like a dream, light recoil, handles great and she is very smooth. thanks again guys at frontier.

here a link to youtube if you want to see her shoot. not my best video work but enjoy!

http://youtu.be/rXwFvIH-RPw
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

CGN Regular
    Nice video have you tryed any 190 to 200 grain bullets in it, this bullet range is what the
    sights are graduated for.

[YOUTUBE]rXwFvIH-RPw[/YOUTUBE]

There ya go

My very first rifle I ever bought myself was a Syrian Mauser, which I later identified as a Yugo M48 BO that was stamped and exported to Syria. Last year, I found a brand new unissued, unfired one from Frontier. Picked it up. It is gorgeous. The workmanship is excellent! Just wish 8mm was easier to find.

Anyone know if its possible to re-chamber one in a more common caliber?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOGHIDE View Post
    Nice video have you tryed any 190 to 200 grain bullets in it, this bullet range is what the
    sights are graduated for.
    thats all i could my hands on that day. i knew they were light, the were a few inches high. i cant believe how nice this rifle is. i work with guns for a living so it takes a bit to impress me. im blown away about this rifle. best 500 ive ever spent!
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

My first rifle, from frontier as well a Yugo M48bo am super happy with her
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

Quote Originally Posted by jcoulson64 View Post
    My very first rifle I ever bought myself was a Syrian Mauser, which I later identified as a Yugo M48 BO that was stamped and exported to Syria. Last year, I found a brand new unissued, unfired one from Frontier. Picked it up. It is gorgeous. The workmanship is excellent! Just wish 8mm was easier to find.

Anyone know if its possible to re-chamber one in a more common caliber?
    Re-chambering isn't a very practical solution. If you're going to spend the money, you're better off re-barrelling. However, any cartridge with a ~.473 Case Head diameter (.308, 30/06, .270 Win, .243 Win etc) should work in the Mauser platform. 30/06 is a common Mauser conversion cartridge, due to is similarity to 8mm Mauser.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"