Is the Walther PPQ available in Canada?

If the Walther PPQ becomes available here, are you interested?

• Total voters
I am looking for a walther p22 pistol new. i can only find used ones. Is there a Wather dealer in Ontario that will carry this pistol. If I get a used one what components should I be worried about wearing out/malfunctioning. Thank you for your help. This will be my first handgun and I was told to get a .22 to start and move up from there. Haven't shot a pistol yet.

damn I hate going to the USA every few months and picking up a PPQ at a gun store :(

when are they coming!!!! :D

Im not hating on this Gun ... I want it . But I was down in Florida. Stopped in at a gun store. held everything they would let me touch . They detected I was Canadian in about 20 seconds. Anyways I asked after about ten minutes of holding it . How many have ya sold . Are they flying off the selves ! .. Guy leaned in an said they have been here for few months and if you somehow buy that one it will be the second one to go. I was stunded . He said Price point ... people will buy glocks and rugers .. because they are cheap. ( to buy that is ) .... Cool or not the PPQ will likely be a slow seller. Its a shame ... Goto the american bass pro site ... 80% of hand guns are 500 bones... Im just saying press the 800 - 900 mark a hand gun dies on the selves

Im not hating on this Gun ... I want it . But I was down in Florida. Stopped in at a gun store. held everything they would let me touch . They detected I was Canadian in about 20 seconds. Anyways I asked after about ten minutes of holding it . How many have ya sold . Are they flying off the selves ! .. Guy leaned in an said they have been here for few months and if you somehow buy that one it will be the second one to go. I was stunded . He said Price point ... people will buy glocks and rugers .. because they are cheap. ( to buy that is ) .... Cool or not the PPQ will likely be a slow seller. Its a shame ... Goto the american bass pro site ... 80% of hand guns are 500 bones... Im just saying press the 800 - 900 mark a hand gun dies on the selves

This is a good thing as it forces Walther to make the pistol more "canada friendly 106mm barrel" Also if the yanks dont buy them up, there will be more PPQ for us to buy.

The PPQ and P99 barrels are the same "so you can a 106mm barrel np for the PPQ"

As for price.... well there no different then HK pistols

rookieuser, not sure where you're from and I've never dealt with them but I believe Accuracy Plus in Peterborough has a bunch of new p22s. Looking at their prices for the M&P range kit and the sigp226r they seem to be reasonably priced.

Hope this helps and sorry all for getting off topic.

People in the states and i know in Florida specifically are being led to believe that the Walther guns are the same as the S&W's mechanically, so they are staying away from them, and as for the 9mm, that's why I'm waiting for the 40.

People in the states and i know in Florida specifically are being led to believe that the Walther guns are the same as the S&W's mechanically, so they are staying away from them, and as for the 9mm, that's why I'm waiting for the 40.
What's wrong with S&W designs?

It's an american thing, that what i was told, my cuz in florida said a gunsmith at his local gun store told him that and that he should stay away from them.

Could be because early versions of the Sigma were terrible. Perhaps that reputation will take a while to disappear. S&W made some American version of Walther pistols, and now have a partnership with Walther. Through some screwed up backwards thinking, I could see how a dim bulb might come to the conclusion that Walther must be terrible too.

Could be because early versions of the Sigma were terrible. Perhaps that reputation will take a while to disappear. S&W made some American version of Walther pistols, and now have a partnership with Walther. Through some screwed up backwards thinking, I could see how a dim bulb might come to the conclusion that Walther must be terrible too.

An American thing.

PPQ'S are now in stock and shipping out to dealers. Most stores should have them early next week.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom