View Poll Results: If the Walther PPQ becomes available here, are you interested?

Voters
970. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I am interested in a 9x19mm version

551 56.80%
  • Yes. I am interested in a .40 S&W version.

108 11.13%
  • Yes. I am interested in both 9x19mm and .40 S&W versions.

207 21.34%
  • No.

104 10.72%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Walther PPQ available in Canada?

I dont think it would be a stretch to find 1000 homes foe the PPQ. If it is as nice as they say, I could easily see at least 2 finding a home at my place. Doesnt take too many people like minded to fill a 1000 gun order.
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

PPQ Navy

Normal PPQ

That threaded barrel is a huge eye-sore, and is useless up here until the "zombie apocalypse" rolls around and supressors become legal and useful for covert zombie elimination.
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

Made up my mind still going to buy one hopefully can have the threaded barrel cut down to size. It disappoints me that no distributors or dealers have come on this thread and stated that they have talked to Walther about getting a slightly longer barrel for Canadians (talking 3mm's from the original). Wouldn't you as a distributor or dealer, want your potential buyers concerns addressed. Obviously there must have been some communication between Walther and distributors concerning the Navy edition coming to Canada. What was the outcome of these discussions? Have any dealers spoken up and said hey Walther if you want to sell more of the PPQ in Canada a 3mm longer regular barrel will sell better than a ginormous threaded nipple navy version, especially where Canadian civilians can't use suppressors.

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dk2 View Post
    Made up my mind still going to buy one hopefully can have the threaded barrel cut down to size. It disappoints me that no distributors or dealers have come on this thread and stated that they have talked to Walther about getting a slightly longer barrel for Canadians (talking 3mm's from the original). Wouldn't you as a distributor or dealer, want your potential buyers concerns addressed. Obviously there must have been some communication between Walther and distributors concerning the Navy edition coming to Canada. What was the outcome of these discussions? Have any dealers spoken up and said hey Walther if you want to sell more of the PPQ in Canada a 3mm longer regular barrel will sell better than a ginormous threaded nipple navy version, especially where Canadian civilians can't use suppressors.
    No go on the trimming the barrel. Current laws to cutting of restricted length barrels would still apply ie. post trim the new barrel would be a prohibited device.
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post
    No go on the trimming the barrel. Current laws to cutting of restricted length barrels would still apply ie. post trim the new barrel would be a prohibited device.
    Meaning altering the device barrel would make it prohibited? What if the cut length is legal ie: 105mm? Also someone pointed out on the Walther forms that the PPQ and P99 use the same barrel and I believe the P99 comes in a 105mm version, maybe someone who owns the p99 can confirm and some pics of the P99 with the 105mm barrel would be great

I'd take that with a fake suppressor for show. 2nd kind of cool that is.
    CSSA NFA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't know much about smithing, can the threaded barrel be shortened by 3mm and would doing so be legal in Canada?? If this is legal and is relatively easy to do I'd reconsider the PPQ.
    I'm not clear on whether the PPQ is considered by IPSC to be a compact version of the P99 models, but, even assuming that it is deemed to be on the Production List, shortening the PPQ's barrel would render it illegal for IPSC Production Division. It would also expose a new crown that did not have the anti-corrosive metal treatment normally found on all of the steel parts.

I'd prefer an unmolested factory barrel, thank you.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If they come out with a 4.2" or 5" barrel am in "I hate threaded barrels"

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    On a more sensitive and supportive front essentially the PPQ is an upgraded P99, so I'd be curious to know if a 105mm P99 barrel would fit?
    Meaning altering the device barrel would make it prohibited? What if the cut length is legal ie: 105mm? Also someone pointed out on the Walther forms that the PPQ and P99 use the same barrel and I believe the P99 comes in a 105mm version, maybe someone who owns the p99 can confirm and some pics of the P99 with the 105mm barrel would be great
    There's no reason a P99 barrel shouldn't fit as the PPQ is essentially a rebadged Fabryka Broni Radom P99 RAD. You never know though...

And yes, any reduction of a barrel below non-restricted length renders it a prohibited device, but there's lots of discussion of that on other threads.
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

There's no reason a P99 barrel shouldn't fit as the PPQ is essentially a rebadged Fabryka Broni Radom P99 RAD. You never know though...

And yes, any reduction of a barrel below non-restricted length renders it a prohibited device, but there's lots of discussion of that on other threads.
    Sorry maybe I'm not being clear, I'm not suggesting to shorten the barrel below 105mm (as far as I know 105mm is the minimum required length for pistols in Canada) I'm suggesting shortening the barrel to 105mm and wondering if this would violate any Canadian gun laws pertaining to the alteration of a restricted barrel. Again I'm not suggesting shorting the barrel below the legal length.