Chiappa Mare's leg Take down model Now in .357 Mag!!

North_Sylva

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
We just received and order from Chiappa that included some of the new 1892 mare's legs in the new take down action chambered in .357 magnum.

Our first impression on these was WOW!

These come with case hardened frames and octagonal barrels. They also come equiped with a saddle ring. And probably the neatest feature of these carbines is the fact that they take down completely in about 10 seconds.

TAKEDOWN1.jpg

TAKEDOWN2.jpg

TAKEDOWN3.jpg

And now the slick part.

They disassemble by opening the lever under the magazine tube. Then rotating the lever counter clockwise unthreading the magazine tube.

TAKEDOWN4.jpg

Then, hold the stock in one hand and the forearm with the other. Twist the forearm clockwise so that the barrel and forearms rotate 90 degrees. Please ensure the action is open at this point.

TAKEDOWN5.jpg

Then, Genly slide off the barrel. To reinstall just reverse the order of disassembly.

TAKEDOWN6.jpg

Please contact your local dealer today to place your order. I have a feeling these won't be around very long.

Thanks,

This is sick, i promess myself not to buy nothing before 2012, it will be hard not to now that i saw this...JP.

Pretty neat, already have a Rossi ranch hand though :)

I love mares legs. I wish I could walk around town with mine in it's holster....

I love mares legs. I wish I could walk around town with mine in it's holster....

You can, although you may get some funny looks, and only be able to do it "briefly".

Which dealer in Ontario has one ?

None I would imagine since they just came in to the distributor. Call your favorite store and see if they deal with NS, if they do, which they likely do, then order away.

Do not know if want considering they're from Chiappa....

Why? Nothing wrong with Chiappa. Better than a Norinco. Where are Chiappa from? Brazil... same as Puma, stoeger or from Italy.. same as cimarron, uberti, beretta.

Price range?

I would estimate between $700.00 to $1000.00, hopefully on the lower side. I too would like one in 45 Colt.

The chiappa .22lr handguns are junk, single actions or the 1911's, so let's hope these are better quality.

I really don't get why they needed a takedown model though.

I think it looks like it takes up more space taken apart though. It's small enough as is.

It does look good from the pics though.

Last edited:
Chiappa's are made in Italy and they don't have a stellar reputation for dependability. They do look nice though and I am sure can be made to work great. The also are priced higher than the Rossi's. Check out the Cowboy action folks. If Chiappa has a problem they will know.

The Mares Leg with a regular stock would also be way cool. I am sure you can fit replacement stocks on the gun. I'm still looking for a 16" Lever gun in 45Colt.

Take Care

Bob

Since the Chiappa's are Win 92 copies I assume that they cycle handgun cartridges well? Any one with comments?

Are these non-restricted?

That would be a nice C-19 Christmas gift for me from myself :D.

Any one know of a Canadian dealer and a retail price?

Last edited:

Why? Nothing wrong with Chiappa. Better than a Norinco. Where are Chiappa from? Brazil... same as Puma, stoeger or from Italy.. same as cimarron, uberti, beretta.

chiappa is made in italy ...... chiappa is also now making rifles for puma .

a couple years ago rossi was making rifles for puma ( before they merged with taurus . )

rossi is the only company to chamber their 1892 rifles in 454 casull ... no one else is willing to suject their actions to such a high pressure round .... this should speak to the quality of rossi ...... and the possible lack of quality of the other 1892 manufacturers .

Since the Chiappa's are Win 92 copies I assume that they cycle handgun cartridges well? Any one with comments?

Are these non-restricted?

That would be a nice C-19 Christmas gift for me from myself :D.

Any one know of a Canadian dealer and a retail price?

non-restricted, yes it would be a fantastic gift :p and I dont know but they seem to go for around a grand. My rossi ranch hand was 630 bucks, wanstalls should get some more of them eventually...

I wonder if you can put a full butt stock on one of those mares legs? Seems to me it would improve the guns versatility. I would make a great truck gun, even better than a 16".

Take Care

Bob

Back
Top Bottom