Thread: Order and email delays

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

Order and email delays

As many of you know our area experienced one of the biggest storms in our history that shut down the power in the entire city for 24 hours. We were able have 1 phone line open to take orders by candle light yesterday but there was no internet until this morning.

Canada Post is up and running now so we will try to get all of the orders out today if it means closing the store front down to do so. You know it was a big storm when you see rail cars thrown off the tracks, 1000 LBS Slip tanks thrown 500 Yards from ware they sat, and grain bins upside down. One of the farms just north ware I live had a barn disapear, litteraly he has no idea ware if it as there is nothing left but the foundation. He thinks the tornado picked it up and dropped it in the middle of the Nesbit forest.

We had 3 hour line ups at the few gas stations still running on the generators. It was quite an eye opener to see how some people were already starting to act when we were only 12 hours into the black out. Its scary to think what people might do a week into one! Check out PA now for pictures.

http://www.panow.com/news/prince-albert

I hope that everybody is safe and sound...sounds like quite an experience.

Taking orders by candlelight must have felt good, really demonstrates commitment

Take care!

My part of the Province ( East Central ) had a pretty wicked light show, heavy rain and strong winds - it was awesome! But you can keep what you had. Seems like every storm is a severe storm these days....sheesh.

Glad this did not happen in Maginty land there would of been a total different response and it scares me to think what might happen .You guys handled it well and their are lessons to be learned for the next time no doubt but great job.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    From what I saw people doing and acting like after only 6 hours into it (it started at 11 at night so most people did not know anything until the morning) I would not want to see what it would have been like 72 hours into it with no cell phones or radio and hungry people. Things could change very quick.

We survived the big black out a few
    Years ago, I think it was four days for us. Thank god it was summer, no wood stove! Hope every gets through okay, the storm damage makes things more difficult for sure!

Ian