Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: my RANT about Epp's service!!

my RANT about Epp's service!!

recently there was a thread around here (locked down now) about all the troubles people have had with the service at Epp's.

I had made an order a couple of days before that thread came to light, and was a little trepidatious (sp?) about what I might have gotten myself into.

Well, my rifle came today and here's the verdict:

- made a total of 3 calls to Epps; one for "stupid questions, patient answers", one to make an order, one to check on delivery status. Throughout each call, the staff were outstanding: useful, polite and willing to assist. No sign of this condescension I'd heard about. (+1)

- On delivery, the rifle itself appears to be pretty much a thing of beauty. No indication that it was dragged behind a truck, used as a golf club or anything like that. (+1)

- I did have a problem, though, with getting the wrong length barrel. They advertised one thing, but shipped something else. It appears the initial website information had a typo. (-1)

- I emailed Epp's about the barrel; they were very good about answering my email within minutes (+1)

we'll see how things turn out, but so far Epp's is winning 3-1 - and I am pretty happy that I decided to deal with them.

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    Maybe a little more research on your part on what you were buying would have alieviated that barrel lenght problem ?? Just a suggestion - Jim
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

yeah shame on me for assuming that 24" on the website meant I would actually get a 24" barrel.

Thanks though.

I'll chime in only because I bought a rifle there and (after the expected 4 month wait) they had it shipped to my door within 24 hours.

I never knew a dealer could get a rifle to the customer's door so fast (Kingston at the time). The price was also well below the competition. The service was meh, nothing to complain about.
    “We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.” -Charles Bukowski
    Donation to CPC: $100.19. Scrapping the registry: Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by mullet maniac View Post
    yeah shame on me for assuming that 24" on the website meant I would actually get a 24" barrel.

Thanks though.
    what gun was it?

oh yeah, the price.. (+1)

Epp's leads 4-1 midway through the third period.

I've been waiting for pictures of a gun for a week now. Three emails and three phone calls and I can't even get an employee to describe the gun to me. I asked one employee "do you have the gun in front of you?" He says "no...it's behind me." I said "Can you turn around?" He turns around, says he can't find it. I ask him to look for it and he says he doesn't know where it could be. So I hang up. Phoned back twice and nobody could describe it to me. The only thing keeping them from a sale is me seeing a picture of this gun or having it described to me and they can't even do that. I'm ready to drop hundreds or maybe even thousands of dollars at your store and you can't give me the time of day...you musn't want my business too badly. It continues to shock me that people praise these people. I have felt more appreciated as a customer through a voicebox in a Tim Horton's drive through.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lilsurfer View Post
    I've been waiting for pictures of a gun for a week now. Three emails and three phone calls and I can't even get an employee to describe the gun to me. I asked one employee "do you have the gun in front of you?" He says "no...it's behind me." I said "Can you turn around?" He turns around, says he can't find it. I ask him to look for it and he says he doesn't know where it could be. So I hang up. Phoned back twice and nobody could describe it to me. The only thing keeping them from a sale is me seeing a picture of this gun or having it described to me and they can't even do that. I'm ready to drop hundreds or maybe even thousands of dollars at your store and you can't give me the time of day...you musn't want my business too badly. It continues to shock me that people praise these people. I have felt more appreciated as a customer through a voicebox in a Tim Horton's drive through.
    Umm - go to the store?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonP View Post
    Umm - go to the store?
    It's a two and a half hour drive. I'm not going to drive there if the gun isn't what I want it to be. If they could describe the condition further I would gladly drive there.

BANNED
    I find Ellwood to have outstanding, friendly, and fast service when buying a gun over the phone. They update their website regularly which is a definite plus.

The things I don't particularly rate them high on is their timeliness to email response (I don't bother emailing at all anymore) and the way they grade and describe gun conditions on their website. Often the description contains information (or lack there of) that is incorrect, vague, irrelevant, or omitted.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast