Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Hammer

staffing change?

I was in there years ago, shocked and pleasantly surprised to see another firearms retailer in the Hammer. When I went back to the firearms counter I enquired about handguns. I was met with "what to you want to do with one of those shoot someone"? I've never been back and have spent thousands of $$$ elsewhere.

Hope the attitude of some has changed or that staff member has ceased to be employed. That's the kind of sh&$$y attitude that pits hunters against sport shooters and we lose our combined strength to get rid of people like Mark Holland and the registry.

Bush

See? I had to be quick to be first! Nothing CGNers like more then publicly trashing site sponsors!
    Shut it down

I went there about two months ago bought a wack load of 308 and shotgun ammo. the guys were cool service was fine, nothing above and beyond but was treated like a customer. I would go back. they had a nice pistol grip hatsan that i had my eyes on.

Expired Business Member Fishing World's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob J View Post
    I was in the gun shop a few months back, I was around looking for some reloading supplies..........hey I was passing by. A couple of guys came in and wanted to buy five shotguns. The phone rang and the guy behind the counter kept them waiting for at least 10-15 minutes talking to a rep about some jackets. If I had being those guys I would have said ..........see ya! Just my 10 cents.

I won't be back!
    Well i can't comment on this situation as i was not there. I can offer my appology and try to make right and keep you happy. Obviously we would like to keep you as a customer and if theres anything we can do please let me know but if we cannot we wish you all the best in your future shooting ventures. Keep in the sport, thats all that important.

Bush,
    In regards to the staffing change yes, there has been alot of staffing change and many of those people are no longer with us. As for the pistol remark, we do not stand for those coments. the problem is with our size we have quite a few employees and its hard to keep track of a statement like this if the customer does not bring it to the attention of management and i encourage you and everyone to do so. I believe i know of the person you are refering to and if so he is no longer with us. If possible we would love for you to stop by again, lots has changed and we are trying to steer this buisness in the right direction.

Newshot,
    you must have a quick draw, you were fast on that! in all seriousness i appreciate the coments both good and bad, if we dont know about a problem we can't try to fix it.

again, my deepest appology if you had a bad experience in the past. please PM me and i can only try to right it. Thanks everyone.

Rascal,
    We do sell handgun ammunition. we are verylow on stock but were just at a dealer show doing orders so as it comes in i will post any updates. We try to have 9mm, 40, and 45 in stock however we can order many other calibers.

Thanks again
    FW staff

The handguns comments as bush has said have been said a few time. Last time I was in around 2 weeks ago. It was the old guy ( kinda fat) behind the counter. Fishing world is a good store like I said before. But they are geared towards hunting, not shooting sports.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Teapot's Avatar
    Hamilton, Ontario; the southern shore of Canada.
    I think the OP said that Fishing World is changing did he not? So, they may be gearing up to meet all the needs of shooters. It is indeed a good shop.

The fellow who made the comment regarding pistols does have a right to his opinions. Most people who shop have the attitude that they are royalty. Sure, they have the money and can spend it they want to so in that sense they have a bit of power over the guys trying to sell their goods and make a living. However those guys trying to make a living are also people just like you who deserve respect.

It seems everyone is getting the "Walmart Rudeness Syndrome". You know, those people who go into Walmart and verbally abuse the staff because there are no buggies or can't find a product or the line-ups are too long or they are grumpy and just want to vent. At Walmart they are the opposite of what they are in their lives; in control, wielding power and have the ability to have people actually listen to them when they talk (rant, complain and whine. They know the staff cannot defend themselves and that is why those cowards do this).

I do not care what a worker behind the counter says regarding anything as long as he is not rude or insulting when doing it. "Don't like pistols? Fair enough, I do so will you carry them in the future?" We're all customers and workers at one point or another.

Glad to see Fishing World added to the growing sponsors list here at CGN. Welcome.

I look forward to taking a road trip and checking you guys out! Welcome to CGN, you have now tasted the good life! I think your attitude is great and one more friendly retailer out there is always a good thing! All the best and thanks as I imagine you had something to do with fishing becoming a part of CGN which is fantastic!
    Shut it down

Sounds like fishing world is starting to go down the right road. There is a ton of paper products out there that are just dying to be shot! I recall a pretty your thing that worked at LeBaron years ago. She made some stupid comments about my buddy preparing to go dear hunting. Next visit, she was gone. If you don't agree with hunting, don't work in an outdoor store! If you don't like guns, ALL GUNS, don't work in a gun store!

It's about time you folks did something with your website....and I like what I see.
    I've been into the store a few times and mainly buy reloading supplies and boxed ammo. I might even have bought a rifle given the opportunity, but I found the staff was very unwilling to hand anything over the counter so I could have a closer look. It's not like I'm a punk kid....I'm in my forties, and (I think) respectable looking. The topic of used guns seemed to be completely taboo even tho there were more than a few with price tags (not repair tickets) sitting in racks behind the left side counter where you can hardly see the darn things. Staff just wasn't willing to show them or talk about them.
    It's been close to a year since I was there last.......maybe I'll give it another try.

Great to see you guys on here asking for our opinions. Your store has slowly been getting more and more stock which is nice. Always impressed with the amount of turkey hunting gear you guys carry. I do almost all of my hunting shopping with you guys. I also like the sales on the 870 deer or turkey barrels you guys do. I'd love to have another place in town to buy handguns that doesn't gouge the customer. It'd be great to see some really cheap reloading supplies too. Like rock-bottom-beat-everybody-else's prices. You have in Hamilton a handgun bullet manufacturer (Aim Projectiles) that nobody around seems to stock, that'd be nice to see on the shelves. Expand your reloading section greatly, that would be awesome. It's already way better than it used to be. Greeting each customer when they walk up the stairs and acknowledging their existence always seems to make me part with my money. The amount of target guns you guys carry could increase maybe. A XS or an XT or the like would be cool. It'd also be great to see target shotgun loads a little more competitive with Lawry's and Hummason's. Three bucks more a flat for the convenience in hours of operation instead of 10 bucks more a flat. It's nice you guys are the only ones who carry Remington target loads around the hammer, maybe exploit that? Sell used hulls for 5c a piece for STS's and AA's. What about a sign out front talking about hunting supplies and firearms? A lot of people I talk to have no clue you guys sell guns. Above all else, keep asking these kinds of questions. Businesses that listen to their customers thrive. Good luck with your revamp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast